Bathroom paint colour?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
I realise this is really an impossible question to answer, but I'm just looking for opinions.

My bathroom is being refurbished.

The bath, basin and toilet are white, as are the tiles around the bath and basin.

Ceiling is white artexing (but that could, of course, easily be repainted to match the walls), and the flooring is going to be a dark blue pattern effect, somewhat similar to this.
25783.jpg?1322231660

The untiled parts of the walls (just under 2/3rd the width of the room) will be finished with white blown vinyl wallpaper, which I'll need to paint.

Any suggestions for a colour?

I'll be using B&Q Bathroom Paint, so the range of colours are via the link below.

http://www.diy.com/colours-by-bq?ecamp=Sea&ds_kids=43700014001399345&gclid=CI-6mcyT2M8CFUwW0wod4YIDuw&dclid=CJDznNWT2M8CFcWu7QodDLEAjw

Comments

• jfdi
    jfdi Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Our worktops in the bathroom are similar to your flooring and we've also got a white suite.
    We've had ours painted a bright daffodil/sunshine yellow with blue blinds and blue or white towels. It's lovely.
    Only thing is I can't see a similar colour in the range you've linked. :-(
    :mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 13 October 2016 at 7:03PM
    Options
    If you know of another supplier, where I can get it for a similar price, I'd get it from them.

I just don't want to spend silly money on it.

ETA: There are no worktops in my bathroom.

There's just a bath, basin and toilet.
  • jfdi
    jfdi Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How about this?

http://www.diy.com/departments/colours-golden-rays-silk-emulsion-paint-25l/1145286_BQ.prd

It's very similar! Vinyl silk.

PS - I know you've not got worktops, just your flooring is nearly same colour! :-)
    :mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is it suitable for bathrooms?

I notice they have something called "Bathroom Paint".
  • basil92
    basil92 Posts: 12,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Personally I'd just stick with white (off white or whatever shade of white available). You have a contrast due to the flooring and I imagine it isn't a big room, so any other colour will make it feel smaller.

IM(Humble)O that is, Bob.
    If you want somebody you can trust...trust yourself :cool:

Chopper98 wrote: »
    Basil - Lovely, a sensitive soul with legs designed for the catwalk
  • Jackieboy
    Jackieboy Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    If you use grey or white you can change your look with different coloured towels etc.
  • Bubblecat
    Options
    When I had mine redone I also had a white suite and white wall tiles, with a mid grey/blue floor tile. I went for a deep, dark colour on the walls for a real contrast against the white suite and tiles. Everyone commented on how good it looked. I was worried about the dark walls making the room feel small but as there was a lot of white in the room this counteracted it. It was also a south facing room so lots of light during the day but it was nice and cosy at night when relaxing in the bath.
  • trailingspouse
    Options
    We have a white suite, white tiles on the floor around the shower and basin, and white tiles on the floor (black grout). White Venitian blind. We painted the walls and ceiling white. We ring the changes with the towels (currently black and grey). It sounds very stark, but really isn't - it looks very classy (and clean, which is important for a bathroom).

Also, you don't need to use specific bathroom paint - as long as your walls aren't constantly running with condensation the ordinary paint is perfectly fine, much cheaper, and much easier to apply.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The walls may well be exposed to a lot of moisture.

They're fitting a combined bath/shower, with the shower fed from a combi boiler.

I'd rather do it right first go, than have to redo it in a few months time.
  • juliettet
    juliettet Posts: 726 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Very pale Aqua in my similar bathroom. Looks nice. Dulux bathroom paint. Sorry cannot remember the colour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure