Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Garden was good but then it rained.

And then tonight I cleaned out the kitchen cupboards, four bags of rubbish (!) Sorted out some crisps for my sister, need to clean the fridge tomorrow.

BIL is doing slightly better, cough is less, temp stable. Feels like !!!!. The type of Flu he has isn't in the vaccine so Mum can't go and see him and I need to keep away.

Sister is exhausted.

Any how kitchen cupboards look good. Thought up two meals just from the cupboard, maybe three. Small things.
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    hopefully the dental work is getting there

I need two more fillings - Anyone reading this who avoids the dentist. Don't. Go, clean you teeth and keep going. Cos all this sucks!

And I need to have two possible crowns finished. I reckon it will cost about 1000. Feel quite ill writing that.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,557 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Sorry to hear BIL is unwell. His immune system will be rubbish and this will go on for years unfortunately. He must be so cheesed off with it all and unfortunately takes it out on those who care for him. If my mum had still been here when Mr SA was ill she would've been just like your mum, she'll be worried for your sister, bless her.

Good idea to do something practical to take your mind off things.

Take care Buffster xx

Agree with this.
    Take care Buffster xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Eeek to dentist though :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Felt really odd today, worried I was going to be ill but think well. the feeling has passed after a nap ;) so perhaps I was just tired! Well strange, so dizzy and felt sick.

I did some more in the garden before I felt rotten. and some house work. not a busy day tho..

Any ho. Going to check the bank and eat my lunch that I didn't fancy earlier.
  • beanielou
    Options
    The stress wont be helping Buffy :(:(

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    So Credit card bill was quite large. 531.

I used both emergency funds to pay it on the basis that I will pay some of it back next month (well in 10 daysish when I get paid!)

Current state of bank

Big Emergency fund =700 (should 1100+)
    Little Emergency fund = 100 (should 500 but partially depleted by previous dental appointments)
    Summer savings = 400

Debt =0...

I have about 60 quid I think.

However I got some fairly amazing news - I am always ignoring the post ! But I opened a letter from the tax people !

They owe me 32423.

am a bit in shock.

XX
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    I am a new subscriber but sat here opened mouth at how much they owe you. Amazing news!
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • beanielou
    Options
    So Credit card bill was quite large. 531.

I used both emergency funds to pay it on the basis that I will pay some of it back next month (well in 10 daysish when I get paid!)

Current state of bank

Big Emergency fund =700 (should 1100+)
    Little Emergency fund = 100 (should 500 but partially depleted by previous dental appointments)
    Summer savings = 400

Debt =0...

I have about 60 quid I think.

However I got some fairly amazing news - I am always ignoring the post ! But I opened a letter from the tax people !

They owe me 32423.

am a bit in shock.

XX

Bloomine heck Buffster.
    That is just AWESOME.
    How on earth can they owe you that much!!!!

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Well..... I don't know!

I really don't. I mean I know I took a pay cut when I moved to this school, (but it is cheaper to get to etc so I didn't mind so much) and I did get a tax rebate before so thought it had been sorted.

Apparently not.

the one thing I don't get is it says something about charitable donations (in the breakdown) Is that me being registered for gift aid do you think?

I don't know. I don't anything! And I can't log in and get it as I don't know my NI number! shall have to go look for that....

So weird.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family