January 2011 brides thread

Options

Comments

• 4nnabella
    4nnabella Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    Options
    We're doing all this without the luxury of credit cards, I'm in the middle of paying off £18k of debt on a debt management plan and OH doesn't have a credit card, so it's a bit 'save save save' then pay something off. But we're getting there!

Yes, really sorry to hear about your OH's cousin Nickie. I would do as fran-o has suggested and include them and see how it goes. I wish them all the luck in the world for their treatment!

Meant to ask, fran-o, how is it going with your dress? Did the longer length one come in?
    :j Debt Free 27.07.2011!! :j
  • fran-o
    fran-o Posts: 807 Forumite
    Options
    yup, the longer dress came in this time last week and I had 1st fitting on Saturday. Am due to try on again this Saturday but I guess it might be cancelled because of the bad weather. Its just about near enough for me to get there on foot, but don't know about the seamstress!
    fran-o
  • Moneytroubles_2
    Options
    Can I join you please? I should have been getting married today but due to the snow had to postpone :-( I'm now getting married 22nd Jan 11 really concerned about the theme as originally the theme was christmas! Christmas
    crackers, christmas carols, Christmas cards etc xxx
    :j6 debts cleared since joining MSE:j
    :eek: Remaining debts... Very / Halifax Loan/ A&L / Virgin cc / Lloyds / Sister :eek:
    :smileyheaGetting Married 04.12.10 - The MSE way :smileyhea
    :dance: Making this house a home :dance:
  • 4nnabella
    Options
    Welcome Moneytroubles!

So sorry you had to postpone everything! That's such a shame! At least you've managed to get another date fairly soon and don't have to wait forever! I'm sure all this snow will go in the next seven weeks and it'll come round so quickly.

I wouldn't change your theme, I'm sure it'll still be fantastic!
  • 4nnabella
    Options
    I had a great weddingy day today! Had another meeting with out florist this morning and went through everything again, confirmed how many buttonholes we need, all that sort of stuff.

Then I went and had my hair trial which was really good! Apart from us arriving at the hairdresser for our appointment time which both my mum and I knew was arranged for 2.15pm and the receptionist checked her computer and said 'no, we've got 3.30pm!'. Anyway, we were able to stay and he fitted me in, which was fab as we'd arranged to go over to the dress shop afterwards and put my dress on to see how it looks with my hair done, and we wouldn't have had time to do that if the hairdresser hadn't been able to see me until 3.30pm. And he did a great job with my hair too! I was really worried as I've got really fine hair which I find impossible to do anything interesting with. It doesn't hold a curl or anything. Anyway, my mum took some pics so will get her to send them to me and will post some when I've got them.
  • fran-o
    Options
    Welcome moneytroubles! Sorry to hear the change of plans! Hope it hasn't been too difficult to rearrange plans, will you do anything different now you have extra time to prepare? Good luck and hope all your guests can still make it.
    I had my final dress fitting today which was fab. Very pleased with my dress and will pick it up with tiara and (hired) bolero jacket on 13th Jan.
    Also picked up and paid for wedding ring and resized engagement ring so thats another one ticked off the list!
    And had a dance lesson which was great - we are learning some jive moves - though a bit less energetic and fast paced than Strictly Come Dancing style jive! Had a little practice in the living room this evening and will have two more lessons before the big day. My biggest issue is relaxing enough to let him lead!!
    Had a night out last weekend and looking at photos am wondering if I should get my makeup done on my big day... Better make some enquiries quick if I'm going to do it - had originally rejected idea on grounds of budget but not sure now... ????!!!
    ANYWAY - we are getting there slowly but surely!!
    fran-o
  • 4nnabella
    edited 7 December 2010 at 10:30PM
    Options
    Oooh, I'm having my make up done! It was something I definitely wanted doing! Am rubbish at doing my own make-up! Had my make up trial a couple of weeks ago and it was really good, the girl, Ali, did such a good job! Hang on, will find my pic...

PB131504.jpg

Anyway, she used MAC products and it looked really good, and lasted all day too :D
  • fran-o
    Options
    Nice pic - are you wearing your specs on the day? They suit you and your make up well. I am usually a glasses wearer but will have my contacts on the day as my specs are quite modern/ colourful... They could've been my 'something blue'!!
    My usual make up look is eye make up and a smidge of lip gloss, but I haven't a clue about foundation etc. I could go for a lesson/ makeover in a dept store but I will feel more confident getting it done... will have to see if there's anyone who doesn't charge the earth and can fit me in!
    fran-o
  • 4nnabella
    Options
    I think I'm going to wear contacts. Usually do for special occasions and stuff. If you can find someone to fit you in, I'd definitely go for it! As my mum pointed out, if there's ever a day you can justify having your make-up done, it should be your wedding day!
  • 4nnabella
    Options
    OMG five weeks to go!! :eek:

We've got our meeting with the registrar on Tuesday to go through the ceremony, which is really exciting! Then after that I've got another hair trial with my hair dresser. After my mum sent me the pictures from last week, I've decided that I don't like what he did with my hair! Well, I think it looks great from the front, but there's just something wrong with how it looks from the back, and obviously I didn't really realise that until I saw the photos. Anyway, after the messing around that happened last Saturday, he rang my mum and offered me another trial for free, which was really nice of him. So hopefully we can get it sorted this time!

Also, I got my wedding ring back from the jewellers yesterday, and it's much better. He resized both my engagement and wedding rings, down a size, and also reshaped my wedding ring so the edges aren't as squared off as they were before. It looks so much better and I'm much happier with it now!

Hope everyone else's planning is going well! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family