Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    4nnabella
    January 2011 brides thread
    • 29th Oct 10, 11:34 PM
    January 2011 brides thread 29th Oct 10 at 11:34 PM
    OK, so, me and fran-o are pretty much the only people on here getting married in January next year it would seem (and by wonderful coincidence on the same day!). And as much as I love lurking on the other 'month' threads, I feel left out cos I haven't got one of my own! So I'm starting one!

11 weeks tomorrow for me (us ) !! As some people may have noticed from my earlier post, I got a call today from my dress shop, to let me know that my gorgeous Maggie Sottero dress has arrived (6 weeks early as I wasn't expecting it to come in until December!). Due to them having a small window in which to send dresses back in case of problems, I am having to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow and drive 50 miles down to Northamptonshire to have my first fitting, not that I'm complaining, mind you! Am going to put my shoes and necklace by the door before I go to bed tonight so I don't forget to take them with me!

Other things we have now done:
    all invites have been distributed, our rsvps are starting to come back in

venue all booked

caterers - had menu tasting session last month and finalised meal choices. still need to confirm choices for canapes for drinks reception but will do that in two weeks when we go to our venue for an open evening as caterers will be there.

band booked, deposit paid. they are doing acoustic music during the ceremoy and drinks reception and then live sets for the evening entertainment. we have confirmed our first dance song, which they are going to learn (Iris - GooGoo Dolls)

readings chosen for ceremony, just need to ask two people to read them!

cake sorted, and have sent the woman who's making it a sample of our ribbon so she can try and match the icing colour to the same purple

flowers - had an inital meeting with a florist. need to send her a sample of the ribbon too so she knows what the colour theme is.

candelabras for table centrepieces booked

table crystals bought, still trying to decide whether to have mirror plates or not...

favours - am making up little goody bags for people, so still need to get some little miniatures of things for the boys and the bags to put them in. I also am going to put name cards on them so they can double up as the place settings so need to get some card to make those, and more of our purple ribbon to tie them to the bags with.

ummmmmm, what else....

bridesmaid dresses have been bought, altered and are now tucked away in my wardrobe. both the girls have gorgeous purple dresses from John Lewis, and we've bought lilac fur shrugs (and a matching ivory one for me) and they'll have lilac shoes (but not matching as they both like different things)

my OH has recently bought his suit, just need to find him a shirt, tie and possibly waistcoat to wear, plus new shoes. My mum found these socks so has bought a pair for my OH, my Dad, OH's Dad, and best man, oh and my brother I think. We'll also get a couple of pairs for the two ushers.

Sorry for the uber-long post! Am making up for lost time, what with not having a January 2011 thread! (I think it may just turn into my wedding diary, feel free to read or not!)
    Last edited by 4nnabella; 29-10-2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Debt Free 27.07.2011!!
Page 3
  • White_Sapphire
    Hiya - sorry I never posted much (I used to be money troubles but changed my log in details) anyway just wanted to let you know that after the initial december wedding was postponed we finally wed last sat and it was fab! Off on mini moon next week - yay! xxx
    Originally posted by Muffin86
    Congratulations Muffin!

So.....piccies pretty please with a cherry on top?
    Marrying my lovely man on 1st September 2012

The right to express an opinion does not override the responsibility to show respect.
    • fran-o
    • By fran-o 31st Jan 11, 1:21 PM
    • 806 Posts
    • 2,304 Thanks
    fran-o
    Congrats all the January Brides!
    My husband and I (!!!) had an amazing day on the 15th and we're still buzzing with the excitement (despite post-honeymoon jet lag!). It all went really smoothly, we were surrounded by people we love and it was great! I'll be back to post some wedding piccies once I've got organised!
    We were looking forward to a quiet time now the wedding planning is over, but it looks like next month we will be busy with wedding thank yous and name-changing admin!
    fran-o
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

27Posts Today

4,471Users online

Martin's Twitter