IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice issued but registration details registered

Options
I have just received a Parking Charge Notice from Civil Enforcement in the post. I had an appointment on May 2nd and gave the resident my number plate details and she advised me that it has been registered. To be honest I cannot recall whether there were any signs or cameras within the car parking area. I received the PCN on the 11th May.

I was able to speak to the resident today and she said just appeal it. She said she registered my details and added that some people get these PCNs and some do not. To be honest she is a little bit eccentric and I am not sure how much she will be able to help me.

She is 70 miles from me so it would be difficult to return to look for signs etc.

There is reference to Sch. 4 of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012.

I would appreciate any advice on the best way to try and appeal this please.

Thank you

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm trying to understand how so many people post without reading (or appearing to read):

NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST (sticky thread up near the top of the forum)

Is it due to accessing the forum on your phone? What else can we do to make sure people read the sticky (at the top) thread first?

The appeal is there, and CEL usually just fold when they see it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hatters14
    hatters14 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for replying.

I did look through the Newbies posts as I had a similar experience in 2014.

I have looked through them again and have come to the conclusion that I totally ignore that I had taken the necessary steps to ensure my car would not be penalised and use the NTK template?

They have already supplied photographs of my car but again would I be right in thinking I just ignore this?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    It tells you what to do in the FAQ - #1! Don't ignore it!
  • hatters14
    Options
    This states:

Q - ''My PCN is from a Council (e.g. bus lane, box junction or parking PENALTY) so does this thread apply?''

Is that the FAQ you are referring me to?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No (You have quoted part of #1 in the FAQ)

Each post in a thread is numbered

This is post #6 in your thread

The first post in the FAQ is #1
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    hatters14 wrote: »
    This states:

Q - ''My PCN is from a Council (e.g. bus lane, box junction or parking PENALTY) so does this thread apply?''
    So it does, but yours is not from a Council so don't read the irrelevant bits.

Come on, submitting an appeal that's already written there for you, isn't difficult.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hatters14
    Options
    I have read and re-read the newbies post and have come to the conclusion that I should use this template:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I appeal and dispute your purported 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny liability and consider the PCN an absolute disgrace and pure intimidation.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn, nor was there any agreed contract. Your signage terms fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence of the parking charge, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis, which is fully distinguished. I AM UNABLE TO CHECK THIS LOGISTICALLY
    Should you fail to cancel this PCN, I require the following information with your rejection letter:

1. Please provide dated photos of the signs on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    2. Please provide all images taken of this vehicle on that day, at the material location. THEY HAVE ALREADY PROVIDED THIS

I will use POPLA as you have advised in your notice.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint about your predatory and aggressive conduct to your client landowner, as well as complaining in writing to my MP and ensuring that they are appraised of the debate where Parliament agreed by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists...should not have to put up with this''.

Yours faithfully,

Would this be correct?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's not the blue text appeal from post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

But it's not too far off. :D

Do you know that they have supplied all photos?
    Or have they just supplied some photos?

You don't need to check PE v Beavis at this stage. Somebody has already done that for you.

I would be bold and say you can send that, when you are ready.

Don't forget the remove those prompts in CAPITALS.
  • hatters14
    Options
    I am struggling with this as I had a invitation to park in this area and took the necessary steps that were required not to be penalised.

My previous situation in 2014 was very different .

They have supplied two photographs both of the rear of my car.

I accept I cannot attach the letter they sent.

So on my most recent reply I will email the response I have attached.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You are thinking too hard.
    Just send that appeal you have shown us at 1:17am today.

That's it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport