Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maman I really liked hearing all about your fabbing purchases

Your outfit for your theatre visit definitely sounds fab, I hope you enjoy the play :)

I have already seen Journey's End. I saw the preview at Vue Piccadilly on 22nd January, but I was not allowed to talk about the film until it was released. For me it was a 10/10 film. It really captured the futile waste of life that was World War 1, also the team work, the bravery and courage of men that can see the inevitably of their own death :D
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Looks like we all love stripes here :D. Yesterday was a stripey cardigan, today a green and black stripey dress (nicer than it sounds) with leggings and boots. Next week I shall try a few days without stripes :rotfl:

Today I made the effort to dry and straighten my hair and put on a bit more makeup. It really did make me feel fab and I got a few nice comments at work which is always nice. I even got IDed buying alcohol in the supermarket on the way home, that hasn't happened for quite a while :rotfl:

maman Loving all your fabbing purchases :). I really need to get a new eyebrow kit, the usual one I get is from benefit but can't really afford it at the mo so think I'll give the rimmel one a go.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman you are really tempting me with all of your make up purchases. It!!!8217;s great that you also got £20 worth of points. That always handy. Enjoy your trip to the theatre.

MissTara well done on fab Friday. It!!!8217;s nice to get compliments when you!!!8217;ve made the effort.

I bought some slides for the summer recently, which I know is a rather random purchase at this time of year. I came across a pair I liked but they only had my size left, so i thought I!!!8217;d better grab them before they sold out. I also picked up a top in Lidl for work, reduced from £5 to £3.50. I don!!!8217;t like spending too much money on work clothes, so this was a good bargain.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just a quick reminder that sainsburys 25% off shopping normally conincides with half term which is next week.

Personally, I think that sainsburys has the best clothing of all the supermarkets so I do stock up when they have the 25% off.
  • LuxuryWoman
    Options
    I agree about their clothes Chanie although I wasn't massively impressed the last few months, I did get a pair of leather knee boots for £20 (used points for the remainder) and they are really fine, I've had some nice 'coatigans' and a couple of jackets but the style for flounced up jumpers everywhere leaves me cold.

I'm hoping they'll have some nice spring bits in before too long, I need some dressier tops and I love the Sainsbury shell/layering tops for around £10, so easy to dress up or down.

Morning everyone else :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,644 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder that sainsburys 25% off shopping normally conincides with half term which is next week.

Thanks for that. It often coincides with 25% off wine too!:D

I think it's very sensible buying sandals in the sale. I did the same.:D I was so pleased with my bronze fit flop slides last summer that when I saw a black pair in the sale I snapped them up.
    I agree about their clothes Chanie although I wasn't massively impressed the last few months, I did get a pair of leather knee boots for £20 (used points for the remainder) and they are really fine, I've had some nice 'coatigans' and a couple of jackets but the style for flounced up jumpers everywhere leaves me cold.

I think you're right about some of the women's clothing going a bit strange lately. They've had racks and racks of reduced stuff lately that just isn't selling. They usually mean mistakes.:D

I bought what could just be described as a flounced up jumper!:rotfl: It was from Red Herring at Debenhams and fortunately very cheap. It's beautifully soft and I know the burgundy colour suits me but I intend to get rid of the bows on the cuffs.;)
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_103030160756_-1

Nothing much happening here today. If we're not doing much on Saturdays I tend to do a bit of batch cooking. The weather is damp and grey so no incentive to go out other than for food shopping.:(
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all,

No real fabbing for me, just trying to maintain as DS is teething & very clingy at the moment.

Does planting tomato, pepper, chilli & sweet pea seeds with DS & my twin nieces count as fabbing? :) We had fun anyway as it was sunny although cold yesterday & the girls took turns pushing DS round the garden, well up & down the path as the grass is like a bog. :eek:

Also have potatoes chitting on the windowsill in the spare room, coming along nicely.

Maman let us know how you get on with the Benefit eyebrow products. I've been using this one from sleek & quite like it, it's lasted ages too.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies

Today started on a negative note, as my central heating and hot water had not come on at 5.30am, so when I went to run myself a bath, the water was cold. I had to boil the kettle and settle for a stand up wash, as my Housing Association could not send an engineer to fix it before I had to leave home at 8am to get my train. I knew from the fault code, that the condenser boiler had low water pressure, but I could not work out how to get it up and running again. We have an electric heater we could use in the Living room to keep warm. The engineer is booked for tomorrow, so we will not have to suffer for too long.

The rest of today was great, as I went to Andover to spend time with my elder son and his 2 daughters. :D My son paid for everything for me including my train fare. My 2 granddaughters were taking part in a dance show. :) They both go to the same dance school once a week.

I was able to do a very short visit t the hospital to see my daughter and her husband, before my son drove me to the train station to get my train back to London Waterloo. :D

I actually painted my finger nails a lovely shade of cerise pink to match the long sleeved t-shirt and jumper I was wearing today. I layered my perfume with the matching body lotion.
  • evuka
    evuka Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Fab Ladies, may I join please?

While catching up with the thread, a few words about me:

• Thirtysomething and single here
    • My 2018 word is PROGRESS
    • 5ft 3 and 13.5 st!!! :eek: and totally unfit
    • Used to dress to work in a decent style but nowadays it's just "whatever fits the dress code and my body" :o

I used to have a sign on my wall: It's either me or the house - both of us can't good look all the time! :p But nowadays it's neither me nor the house and my surrounding defo affects my fabness.
    6mo EF: £ /£
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 £
    NSD: Jan /
    Sell 100 items /100
  • Butterfliesarepretty
    Options
    Sukeyboo, yes interview went ok, was 40 minutes long. The other lady was probing why I left my job in 2016 and basically she had figured out that it was stress as to why I went part time. Thats the thing though, every part time job or agency always asks "why do you want to do part time" Its as if they think I may have failed full time in some way. Some interviews Im honest and state i had an anxiety attack in the job that wasnt as advertised and it was a 3 person job. then I state also at that time we had moved house and paid our mortage off and so I dont really need to work full time anymore and that I enjoy it.

Nobody asks you "why do you want to work full time"???:rotfl:

The director was really nice though, they produce and print glass milk bottles, gin bottles etc and more, family firm, fairly small size and do haulage as well. My little car wouldnt survive the potholes in the car park so I had to park on the road and walk back. I have emailed the recruiter about feedback and she said she would call once she heard something.

I found another job at herbert parkinson just down the road, they have a contract with john lewis (produce soft furnishings) and so they want an accounts payable clerk part time, well I worked in accounts payable at BT for a long time so Ive applied for that and I also applied for a data entry clerk in accrington. So now Im getting really agitated as I want to get something really soon.

But have got a valentines meal on wednesday with my husband at a newly refurbished pub.

Just trying to keep busy and mind occupied. Got plants to plant out but the snow has stopped me. Waiting for the sunshine to melt the snow on soil a bit.
    Mortgage Free 2016Work Part Time:DHouse Hunting In France 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport