Premier Inn Good Night Sleep Guarantee

Options
We usually stay in premier inns as it's a case of you know what you're getting but never had to see whether the good nights sleep guarantee was just marketing hype ...until now.

Claimed on it for one night of our stay & I'm pleased to say that that nights cost is being reimbursed.

So well done PI for keeping your promises

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Name and praise.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I have also used it, refunded without issue
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We use PI regularly and have had two refunded nights, separate occasions.

However, I read last week that this guarantee is ending soon.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I stayed at 2 different PIs last weekend and neither of them mentioned the Good Night Guarantee, something that they used to do without fail, so I suspect Pollypenny may be right that it's either going or gone already.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Probably one of those perks that has been abused. We all pay for scroungers.
  • newatc
    newatc Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We often stay at Premier Inns but avoid them now in summers unless they have air conditioning as invariably the rooms get too uncomfortable for sleeping.
    The occasion that made us take that stance, we had booked for ourselves and for our son. It was intolerably hot and we slept poorly. I complained in the morning and got refunds for both rooms. Subsequently met up with my son and asked him how he slept and he replied "like a log". Whoops.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Probably one of those perks that has been abused. We all pay for scroungers.

As the post below you proves :rotfl:
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    newatc wrote: »
    It was intolerably hot and we slept poorly. I complained in the morning and got refunds for both rooms.
    I use Premier Inns regularly, when booking any hotel online it always states if there is no air conditioning.
    Important Information
    There is no air conditioning at this hotel.
    All twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,753 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I asked at reception once about the uptake of the guarantee, just from curiosity. The receptionist said that few people actually invoked it.

The only terrible nights sleep I've had where I might have considered it if available was at a Travelodge. Won't be using them again in a hurry.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    I asked at reception once about the uptake of the guarantee, just from curiosity. The receptionist said that few people actually invoked it.

The only terrible nights sleep I've had where I might have considered it if available was at a Travelodge. Won't be using them again in a hurry.

I'm rather the same, the only times I haven't slept well at a PI was when it was too hot and I didn't consider that to be something they could do more about than they already had.
    Like you I have in the past had unpleasant stays in Travelodges, and for quite a few years I avoided them, but I've been to a few in the last couple of years and they seem a lot better now (and their new beds are pretty much as good as PI ones).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure