MSE Local eBay Deals tool discussion

Options

Comments

• Cassie76
    Options
    On ebay (under advanced search) it's possible to search for items within so many miles of your postcode and to set other criteria such as price etc. This can be one on the PC or on the app. What does this ebay local mapper tool do that that can't be done using this advanced search on ebay?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cassie76 wrote: »
    On ebay (under advanced search) it's possible to search for items within so many miles of your postcode and to set other criteria such as price etc. This can be one on the PC or on the app. What does this ebay local mapper tool do that that can't be done using this advanced search on ebay?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=51848051&postcount=11
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cassie76 wrote: »

Make money for Martin...? :money:
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • Silver_Lining_3
    Options
    Fantastic! Downloaded this yesterday and ended up winning two le Crueset cast iron saucepans.

£24 (plus I have a £10 ebay voucher which will hopefully make them £14 for the pair!)

Should be well over £50 each from the cheapest I've seen them when hunting, or around £70-95 each new. Thank you moneysavingexpert!
    Saving since 2005 --> September '13: 37,800! Mortgage deposit saved! :)
  • chocwill
    Options
    Hi .... Newbie to the Forums here :wave:

I've got this app on my Samsung GS2 mobile phone and it works fine, apart from the fact that it won't allow me to 'Watch' an item. It tells me it's been saved to my Watchlist but when I check my Watchlist, there's nothing saved there!

What am I doing wrong???
  • sufcfan1
    Options
    Chocwill,

I had a similar problem with mine, i think if you press 'Watch' in the app, it adds it to the intenal app watch list, which you can access on the front page of the app.

To add it to your ebay watch list, press the 'Go' button and then add the item to your watch list in ebay itself.

Hope that makes a tiny bit of sense.
  • chocwill
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, SUFCFAN1.

Yes, that's what I've been trying to do but when I tap 'Watchlist' on the front page of the App, it says something like, 'There are 0 items in your Watchlist', even though I've just added it!!

Oh well, as you say, I'll have to just add it onto my normal Ebay Watchlist.
  • chocwill
    Options
    Replying to myself here ...

I uninstalled the App then installed it again, and it's worked! :j
    Options
    how about a little love for the irish and remove that pesky postcode requirement?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    102091101 wrote: »
    how about a little love for the irish and remove that pesky postcode requirement?

given it searches eBay
    how would it narrow its distance parameters?
    As I have said before,you can add the search terms yourself within eBay
    No need for search 'tools' that are really ways to generate revenue
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family