PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2009 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    £400 for me for February please.

looking really good for coming in under budget for jan:T . I did have some vouchers that helped out and the freezer was very healthy. Hoping for an under budget feb as well.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • SmlSave
    SmlSave Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you put me down for £200 please?

I will add up my total for January this weekend, hopefully I've done ok.

Its lentil soup tonight!
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi everyone
    hoping to come in budget again this month my month started on jan 23 so been keeping a count so far spent £65 and meal planned up to next friday so looking for a few NSD between now and then

good luck everyone
    Frugal challenge 2024

• sazzledazzle
    Options
    I have a feeling this will be a good month.
    MAY NSD's

• youareallhelpingme
    Options
    This will be my first time!!!

Please add me in at £120 for me, dh and ds, plus one dog.

I get fruit and veg from DH work for free and I can buy all tinned and packet goods from staff shop for major discount price (wrong labels, out of date, dinted cans etc) so I dont need supermarkets for too much, mainly bread, milk, youghurts, drink, pack lunch bits eg crisps.

I really need to keep in order as only on 1 years contract and DH job always risky.

Thanks, Me x
    One small step for ME, one giant leap for my family!

2015 - my Amazon Gift Certificate mini challenge - saving to buy small household electrical items.
    Total £9.12
  • little_miss_thrifty
    Options
    Hi all:hello:

I have just declared my January total on the Jan thread - we came in under budget again (only our second month of doing this), by £82!! So i am going to cut my February budget slightly (plus it is a shorter month). So Mrs M can you put me down for £275 please?
    I have been cooking more treats, like cakes etc, rather than buying shop biscuits etc and have made so much soup!! DD (aged 3) loves my broccoli soup, which is great as she will not eat it in its usual form!!

The freezer is still full, enough meat for a week but will have to buy fruit and veg soon - i want to make a few more veggie meals this month.

Good luck everyone and thanks!:T

LMT x
    Buy nothing for a month challenge - Oct
    12/31 NSD

CC - [STRIKE]£536.02[/STRIKE] £336.02
  • orchid-96
    orchid-96 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    am hoping for another nsd today, got a hm chilli out of the freezer for us all tonight with rice and some of my free greek yogurt (courtesy of my mrT delivery at the beginning of the week) I was going to do another order from mrT for the end of next week (have my parents visiting and ds's birthday on 7th which includes a party at home for 10 kids :eek: am going to lay on pizza and garlic bread which will all need to come out of the budget next month...however I was a bit annoyed as the internet exclusives they were doing are no where near as good imo, last week I got half price fr eggs / half price 4 pack of naplina toms / bread for 64p loaf and some other stuff (can't remember now) but nothing like that on there now, so am going to do a MrS one instead, as I love their basics range...will be doing a delivery for my stock items and then hoping to do the rest of the month on mini shops..

..my other challenge this month is to buy only free range/organic chicken/pork and wanted to ask a question to those of you who do that...do you therefore buy NO other chicken products (eg. chicken sandwich from a cafe etc. / chicken meal out / frozen chicken kievs etc) I know a lot of the osers don't have any conv foods but thought as some of you might, I would ask the question (I do now and again mainly for ds/dh)
    Jun GC £250.00/£12.40 NSD 3 / 30

January 200/198.91 February 200/239.28 March 200/230
    April 250/no idea May 250/265.95

Sealed pot challenge number 648
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon All! 5 NSD in a row now and no I haven't used the last 12p of the January budget. Haven't started on the Feb budget yet either -stret....ching out the last bits in the cuboards.

Trying to sort out this meal planning thing today -hmm it's more difficult than I thought. I'm pleased to report that there are still 11 portions of HM ready meals in the freezer after the January blitz, plus 4 frozen fruit cakes and about half a dozen assorted HM desserts, so that will be a good start for Feb.

:confused:What can I do with frozen green tomatoes please?:confused: I picked these from the last of the crop in September and they're just sitting there. I have around 3lb of the cherry type. Any advice would be most gratefully received.

Im making a Cheese and Tomato Pasta Bake tonight and we will be using up the last of the lentil soup with some HM bread. Have taken a fruit cake out of the freezer so DH will be happy. So that should about do us today.

Milk is just holding out as is cereal fruit and veggies so I can avoid shopping until Saturday which is as I planned. I have been checking out the local farms/butchers and think I've found a couple worth taking a look at. The prices seem a little more expensive but the quality sounds good -will have to see how we go.

Hoping everyone is doing well!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all - can I join in this month please - it has been too many months since I last did it! I honestly dont know how much I spend but I am guesstimating at 450.00 please.

This is for me, OH, 5 yr old and 3 yr old. My youngest is in nappies so it will include that and all cleaning and toiletry stuff! I am at Slimming World at the moment so I am spending a fortune on meat - going to stock up when its on offer and freeze it but I do buy most of my meat from the local butcher.

Hopefully my estimate wont be too far off! x x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • yummymummy05
    Options
    Well another nsd for me (2 in a row) which is a record i think!! Got leek and potato soup and rolls in the freezer for dinner (bagel and cream cheese for DS) and Tuna Pasta tomorrow so nothing more to buy until next week unless we run out of bread!!

my 2nd freezer is being delivered next friday yippee!!!
    FebGC
    wk1 £0/£100 NSD's 0/7
    wk2
    wk3
    wk4
    Total £0/400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income