tariffs

Options
hi MSE articles keep saying EXISTING customers can only change tariff through comparison site, but comparison sites are only for NEW customers so thats not making sense. can someone pls clarify. thanks

"Last week, we told you about hidden 'don't ask, don't get' price cuts from big 6 energy firms (not for NI or prepay), all available for EXISTING custs but only via comparison site"
thanks mark b

Comments

• texter
    texter Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    qaz wrote: »
    hi MSE articles keep saying EXISTING customers can only change tariff through comparison site, but comparison sites are only for NEW customers so thats not making sense. can someone pls clarify. thanks

"Last week, we told you about hidden 'don't ask, don't get' price cuts from big 6 energy firms (not for NI or prepay), all available for EXISTING custs but only via comparison site"
    thanks mark b

I fear you misunderstand.

Some tariffs are only available through specific sites, such as a comparison site.

Comparison sites decide for themselves whether or not to process an application for you, usually based on whether or not they will get paid.
    With these specific tariffs that are only available through themselves, and the offer is available to existing customers, then of course the site will process the application.
    (else who would existing customers be able to apply???)

Try it, and see for yourself :)
    MSE CEC is quite clear as to whether or not they can switch/transfer you directly.
  • qaz
    qaz Posts: 63 Forumite
    edited 13 November 2019 at 11:32AM
    Options
    thanks for that but I'm not understanding you.

but i must find ou v/soon as tariffs keep changing

you say: "(else to who would existing customers be able to apply???". i would say they apply [of coarse] to their current supplier

thanks
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    Basically the energy companies have set up special tariffs that they are only making available to customers (new or existing) who sign up via certain comparison sites. When you click a link on the comparison site you are then taken back to the energy company's website, where you will then go through the application process. The links are unique so they know you have used the comparison site to find them. At this point you are now dealing directly with the energy company and they will make it clear who is and isn't eligible for any particular offer. In the present case, existing customers are eligible for these special tariffs so the application will then proceed as usual.
  • qaz
    qaz Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    i get it now, thanx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business