IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim Form - CEL - County Court

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 June 2019 at 9:30PM
    Options
    I already told you to email the SAR to the DPO at your PPC claimant, to their privacy address , attaching a copy of your N1 form as proof of your ID (under GDPR they wont just hand out details willy nilly) - this is INSTEAD of any V5C
    I assume that it is YOUR name on that N1 claim form ?

once that is done , prepare your DEFENCE draft and post it below

ps:- you should have told us it was for a lease vehicle in your opening post, then I would not have said attach a copy of your V5C, I would have said attach a copy of your N1 form
  • MarcusRash
    MarcusRash Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Redx

It is indeed my name in the form. I have emailed them a SAR and for them to change my address.

Will send my defence draft on here also. Thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How do the PPC know you were the lessee/hirer of the vehicle, and do they know who was driving?

Did you ever appeal or did you not see any PCN or letters at all?

What was the contravention alleged, and location?
    I have been passed the claim form by the residents (same street name and number) in a neighbouring town with a similar address to my own BUT in a different town.
    Do you think the lease firm gave out the wrong address for you?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MarcusRash
    Options
    Hi there

They have put my name on the claim form, but they do not know it wasn’t myself driving.

I have not received any PCN letters prior at all.
    It was in Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes.

The lease company may have given my address wrong possibly, but am not aware of how or why.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    then ask the lease company!
    Tell them (not ask, tell) the communicaiton they sent to the PPC. This is YOUR private personal data.
  • MarcusRash
    Options
    CEL have come back to my SAR request to ask for my registration number. Do you advise I give this? I’m worried by doing so it will admit I am / was the driver in question, please advise. Thanks
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    They must know your VRM because they requested your details from the DVLA!!!! There should be no reason not to let them know what it is else how else are they going to find all data about your car? Did you attach a scan of your V5C when you submitted the original SAR?
  • MarcusRash
    Options
    Okay great thanks, have done so. No V5 as it is a lease vehicle. Included a POA
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    all this confusion caused by you not mentioning it was a lease vehicle in the first place

you are probably the hirer or lessee, so as the hirer or lessee (not as driver)you use the VRM for the lease vehicle that was in your name as lessee and give them those details , plus a copy of the N1 form , making it clear who YOU are in this process

you should also do the same to the lease company, especially asking for the details they gave to the PPC at the time, because somebody has used the incorrect address and you are being POIROT in finding out how those incorrect details came about , and by whom

get you detectives hat on and start detecting, because you may need this in your court case and the reply "I have no idea your honour" doesnt really cut it, so if you dont know , FIND OUT !!
  • MarcusRash
    Options
    Have just contacted lease company, they had my address down wrong!

Have requested how this had happened, turns out the letters they had sent me went to the wrong address also so never received them. Signed up online and it shows that they had the wrong town for me also.

Where do I stand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport