IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Overstayed parking at Health Centre

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you fail at popla the full amount is due , so yes £100

If you fail to pay it , costs will be added , a court case could double it

If you tell the story , you will definitely lose with Brittannia , popla and court
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 January 2020 at 5:01AM
    Options
    But you don't PAY if you lose at POPLA, just to be clear!

POPLA is possibly winnable in your case if it was dark and you go and take some photos of those signs in the dark, with NO flash, to show they are unlit and illegible in those light conditions. Hopefully, the (now quite broken and inconsistent) 'POPLA service' will actually see you are right.

This is why landowner complaints are the recommended major route to cancellation, because POPLA are fairly awful and it worries people to lose an appeal. Better to let the Health centre know their signs are not lit and fail the test of fairness of consumer terms and will they please cancel this horrendous charge and get some lights added?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Better to let the Health centre know their signs are not lit and fail the test of fairness of consumer terms and will they please cancel this horrendous charge and get some lights added?

I agree a complaint is worth a punt. When one is feeling like a bit of a Wally, the most obvious approach can seem futile. But C-m nails this: signage cannot be read in the dark.
  • Ss2020
    Ss2020 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    So I've sent the first appeal through to the Britannia parking website using the template on the Newbies thread.
    My only issue is when ive gone to take my pictures of the car park there are two floodlights which are on but nevertheless my brilliant Samsung s10 takes pics in such good quality it really isnt helping. Lol

Are there any popla appeals which have used poor lighting in the past? Any help.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do a forum search on keywords poor lighting POPLA (or similar - try a few other permutations and see what they bring up), there'll be a number across the forum and work from those.

HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Hit your 'Back' button to get back to the forum thread list. On the bar just above the threads you'll see the 'Search' function. Click on the 'Advanced Search' button and on the following page place your keyword(s) in the 'Search By Keyword(s)' and make sure the 'Show Results As' button (at the foot of the window) is changed from 'Threads' to 'Posts'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Ss2020 wrote: »
    Are there any popla appeals which have used poor lighting in the past? Any help.
    Shedloads.

Try searching the POPLA DECISIONS thread for 'unlit' or 'ambient lighting'.

Not the entire forum. Start with that sticky thread and search that...you'll see.
  • Ss2020
    Options
    Cheers guys. I will have a look for some.
    By the way, if you could clarify.. because I've appealed within the 14 days does the charge go on hold? Therefore the charge remains at £60 and doesnt increase to the £100. Just for info really.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    It is £100 but you don't care & nor do we!

The £60 was a bribe and is long gone. It is not on hold.
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you complained to the Health Centre yet? I say 'complained' but obviously a little bit of not too cringe-making grovelling is required alongside the outrage at what a trap this badly-lit car park was.
  • Ss2020
    Options
    I went in and spoke to the receptionist and with alm due respect she looked clueless. I had a look at the NHS website theres nothing there for complaints relating to parking charges. Saying that I'm not sure if this is a private practice. Landowner...? How do I know..?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure