IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CST Law/JD Parking letter before claim advice please

Comments

• Will do, thanks.

Any review of my reply to CST would be appreciated also. Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Clearly no using 'signed for' to a parking scammer, and certainly not to a PO Box!

Your letter to the solicitors is not especially clear about the required consolidation.

I would put that word in bold and underline to, so you don't get several claims, just one is easier.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Disappointing to see that JD Parking Consultants Ltd have no privacy policy on their website.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Illegal, I think?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    and are using an 0845 number , seems to me its lacking in a lot of vital areas
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    rigonet .... you certainly understand this scam

CST are behind the times, wonder if they read this forum ? maybe not ?

They will not have answers to your letter, let's see how they reply
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 January 2020 at 12:57AM
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Illegal, I think?
    Surely not. ;)

They are BPA Approved Operators, and as such they must comply with the BPA's CoP which says:
    PrBHrnI.png
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    the OP should report them to the BPA compliance team and to the ICO as well
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Report the lack of call charge information next to the 0845 number to ASA.
    https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/non-geographic-call-charges.html
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone. Revised letter to CST emphasising the consolidation below, will get both this and the SAR sent off tomorrow.
    Dear Sir or Madam

I have received two Letters Before Claim from yourselves regarding vehicle XXX and parking charge notices from the claimant JD Parking Consultants Ltd. I have sent the claimant a subject access request and therefore require a restriction of data processing and for you to put both cases on hold.

I’m aware of the following parking charge notices:
    [PCN details]

Please detail all parking charge notices which the claimant alleges are outstanding against me as registered keeper.

Please advise if you believe you have complied with the Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 for ‘keeper liability’. If you believe you have, then all claims must be consolidated into a single claim for all parking charge notices - to date, you have sent me two claims.

Please advise if the claimant is relying upon Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 for ‘keeper liability’ for all parking charge notices?

Please explain the additional £15 charge applied to each parking charge notice given that the costs of the operation and debt collection must already be covered by the parking charge itself as per the Parking Eye vs Beavis case in the Supreme Court.

Please provide photographs of any relevant signage on the date of issue for each parking charge notice and highlight where the £160 charge is mentioned and the additional £15 charge claimed for each parking charge notice required due to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 with my objective being to narrow the issues in the claim prior to court.

Yours faithfully
    XXX

I'll look into the other points about the privacy policy and 0845 phone number. I also notice that their accounts are overdue according to Companies House.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure