National Express driver tried to half kidnap me from Heathrow to Victoria.

Options

Comments

• wishuponastar
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    Indeed they maybe, the OP though stated the driver stopped at Heathrow station, it's for the OP and other passengers to make themselves aware of their onward plans from there, the world isn't about them, and it doesn't ring well with the sensational thread headline.

Yes that is true it is each person's responsibility, that was why i knew in advance where i needed to be and needed to go (thanks to helpful maps on heathrow website).

I agree after it was pointed out to me near the start of the thread that kidnap was the wrong word since he was going to let me off the bus at Victoria lol so partial kidnapping then  I tried to edit it and it doesn't give me the option to edit the title, only the wording. If you know how to edit the title, please let me know and i can change it.

I'm not sure if you are referring to me or others generally speaking, but just for clarity, i don't think the world is all about me, all i wanted to do was get off the coach, it's not like i asked for anything out of the ordinary from the driver aside from what he would be expected to do as part of his job role. It’s not for the driver to tell passengers where to get off the bus (obviously under normal circumstances, no terrorist attacks or safety issues etc).

I am looking forward to hearing from NE as to why he was being so odd.
  • wishuponastar
    Options
    Jono111 wrote: »
    Is is possible all the other passengers were going to Victoria as they had just been picked up from Heathrow and that's why they didn't want to get off with you.

Lol that option wasn't on the table...to get off with me (but thanks for the chuckle). :rotfl:

No one got on at Heathrow or got off apart from me. But yes they could have got on at other stops previously to take them to Victoria.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you know how to edit the title, please let me know and i can change it.
    Go into edit on your opening post.

Click on Go Advanced.

Type what you want in the Title box.

That's it.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    He did stop at Heathrow (it was never the case he hadn't stopped at Heathrow (sorry if that was the impression), just that he didn't want to let me get off and wanted me to go to Victoria). He didn't announce to everyone he was approaching there or had arrived at x y or z so i walked down to ask him and when he confirmed it to me, at that point and i asked him to open the doors because they were closed since no one else got on or off and i needed to get my bag etc...that was when it got weird.

Definitely no announcement like someone said normally happens.

I'm not nit picking, remember there will be people on the NE panel complaints trying to gather what actually occurred at that instance.

From your earlier posts you mentioned that the driver did announce that they were at Heathrow station, you mentioned that you saw you were at Heathrow it was only when you wished to alight at the actual terminal 2/3, that conversation ensued with the driver.

As I wasn't there, I'm guessing the driver wouldn't allow you to leave at a point that is not a designated stop.
  • wishuponastar
    Options
    No he didn't announce that he was at Heathrow to everyone on the bus. Not at all. When i said he confirmed we were at my stop, that was AFTER i assumed/figured out that there we were at the coach station at Heathrow t2/3 that i walked down the coach to ask him (he was stopped) and then it was only at that point he confirmed we were there to me (not announcing it). Then that was when the weirdness happened. Hope that's cleared things up better?
  • wishuponastar
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Go into edit on your opening post.

Click on Go Advanced.

Type what you want in the Title box.

That's it.

Thanks, very helpful. All sorted now.
  • lammy82
    lammy82 Posts: 594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It sounds like the driver's roster for whatever reason did not list any passengers alighting at Heathrow, so that is why he was refusing to open the doors or help you get your bags. Were you on the service you'd originally intended to be on or was there a mix-up or something meaning you ended up on a different service?

In any case the driver's behaviour was unacceptable, just trying to guess what may have triggered it.
  • lindylootoo
    Options
    Yes that is what my ticket said too. I had researched it and knew the stop was the central bus station in advance. I expected an announcement from driver but there was none. So when i asked and it was confirmed as being the right place, i.e. my stop that is when driver got all weird with me.

I'll update when i hear back from NE.

Interesting post - I hope you get a good response. I'm travelling to/from Heathrow T 2 in February and have left a minimal amount of time on my return. I've looked at maps of T2 so I know exactly where to go and sent a tweet to National Express: "Hi. Can you please tell me exactly where your bus stop is for Terminal 2 Heathrow as I have only a short time from arrival to coach departure for my journey. Thanks."
    Response: "Hi. The coach stop is situated outside the main entrance to the Terminal. There will be signs located in the area and staff would be around if you required further assistance."

Further tweet from me: "Hi. I've just checked and found your website, which states: Pick up and drop off points for Terminal 1, 2 and 3 are located at the Central Bus Station, which is just a short walk from the check in area and is clearly signposted from around the airport."

Before the more cynical posters jump in - there are Youtube instructions on how to get from T2 arrivals to the Central Bus Station.........so "situated outside the main entrance to the terminal" doesn't appear to be accurate unless they have a new coach stop!

Can anyone on here confirm or deny the EXACT location of the National Express coach stop?
  • Kiko4564
    Kiko4564 Posts: 217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How is this relevant? Why not just wait for the outcome of your complaint?
  • SweetPotatoPie
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I preferred the original title.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure