PAC Error

glitzy
glitzy Posts: 244 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I have managed to mess up with my PAC code. I ordered a new phone with MOBILES.CO.UK with Vodafone but my old contract is with Vodafone & I wanted to keep my old number. You can’t just go from one Vodafone number to another you need to get a PAC code. My error was I didn’t put the new Vodafone sim in the phone, instead I put the PAYG O2 sim & got a PAC code, but I still have 2 contracts with Vodafone, is the only option to get another PAYG sim?
Use the PAC code I have now to go to new Vodafone sim, then PAC to new PAYG sim & then PAC to old number? Hopefully someone will be able to help a damsel in distress😂
....YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY :wink: ....

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you've got a PAC code for the wrong number, just ignore it. It'll expire after 30 days if you don't use it.

Make sure when you send a PAC text next time its on the account you want to transfer.
  • glitzy
    Thanks, I think I have to use the PAC code as I cannot put a different sim into the new phone now.
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    glitzy wrote: »
    Thanks, I think I have to use the PAC code as I cannot put a different sim into the new phone now.

Is this an iPhone?

If it is,then it locks to the first sim card used in it. Using the PAC won't help you in this case, you'd have to get the phone unlocked for it to accept another sim.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    Is this an iPhone?

If it is,then it locks to the first sim card used in it.

I don't believe that has been true for a number of years, I've switched SIM cards on a number of iPhones without problems.
  • sal_III
    sal_III Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Is this an iPhone?

If it is,then it locks to the first sim card used in it. Using the PAC won't help you in this case, you'd have to get the phone unlocked for it to accept another sim.
    Say whaaaat?

Both me and the missus have been using iPhones for over 8 years, this is the first time i'm hearing about this. In the last 4 years I have been swapping SIMs on a spare iPhone 6 like candy.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Is this an iPhone?

It was the CarPhoneWarehouse group that did this and they stopped doing it in 2016.

From the iPhone 7 all unlocked iphones will remain unlocked no matter what sim is used.
    ====
  • mrochester
    mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    d123 wrote: »
    It was the CarPhoneWarehouse group that did this and they stopped doing it in 2016.

From the iPhone 7 all unlocked iphones will remain unlocked no matter what sim is used.

Mobiles.co.uk welcome pack states in the first sentence ‘If you have purchased an Apple iPhone, please be aware that your phone will lock to the network of the first SIM card inserted.’
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    It wasn't just Caroline Warehouse, but also Argos and John Lewis. It was because Apple would only supply handsets intended for contract.
  • mrochester
    mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    PHK wrote: »
    It wasn't just Caroline Warehouse, but also Argos and John Lewis. It was because Apple would only supply handsets intended for contract.

I believe it might only have been the Carphone Warehouse group that did this.
  • glitzy
    Thank you for all your replies, I have gone to carphone warehouse & it turns out I was doing it the wrong way🤦!♀️ I need to PAC my old Vodafone number to PAYG sim & then PAC that to new Vodafone number. I now finally understand that my old number moves along each time😂😂
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure