unforeseen Posts: 7,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Vue £6 & Cineworld £12 around Chester
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I spoke too soon. I went to book Star Wars for 19th December, and by then every seat will be a recliner, but they are raising prices from £4.99 to £7.99 everyday. Now get this - I used my Club Lloyd vouchers and had to pay a £3 SURCHARGE on each ticket. Crazy, VIP seat free, but £3 for a recliner and no choice. So no free seats anymore even with Club Lloyds. Cineworld here I come.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    Nicholas wrote: »
    I spoke too soon. I went to book Star Wars for 19th December, and by then every seat will be a recliner, but they are raising prices from £4.99 to £7.99 everyday. Now get this - I used my Club Lloyd vouchers and had to pay a £3 SURCHARGE on each ticket. Crazy, VIP seat free, but £3 for a recliner and no choice. So no free seats anymore even with Club Lloyds. Cineworld here I come.

Spoke too soon again.:o
    Vue have now done a u-turn on their new pricing and will continue to charge £4.99 a ticket all day, every day. Didn't realise the new Cineworld cinema was such a threat what with having to pay for the carparking due to it being in the city centre.
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My local Cineworld charge £6.30.I suppose it depends on what area and the competition.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    Tallaght wrote: »
    My local Cineworld charge £6.30.I suppose it depends on what area and the competition.

Our Cineworld charges £9 and £1 less off-peak, plus parking charges. Whilst the Vue just down the road now continues to charge £4.99 all day every day even though brand new recliners are being fitted in every screen.

Oh, and Cineworld have just put their online booking fee up from 70p to 75p today. Every little helps I suppose.:(

I guess our new Cineworld is not looking on the 20 year old Vue as competition.
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,421 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vue are going through a full refurb of many of their cinemas to go to the delux model used by the likes of Odeon and Showcase. I was told by the manager of our local Vue that the £4.99 for all screenings will be ditched as soon as the refurbs are completed. He didn't know what the new price would be.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    Vue are going through a full refurb of many of their cinemas to go to the delux model used by the likes of Odeon and Showcase.

I would be interested to know if it is just the seating that is being upgraded. Because our 20 year old Vue will (possibly) still have the same 20 year old AV equipment, whereas brand new cinemas will be equipped with the latest Laser projectors and dolby atmos sound.
  • ArchibaldE
    ArchibaldE Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    They are similar in quality to me but Vue always seems to be cheaper! Then again with Netflix and other streaming sights now I don't go too often....
  • BarrySmart
    BarrySmart Posts: 55 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not been to the cinema in 10 years but Vue it is in any future viewings.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback