IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ES Parking IAS

Options

Comments

• Tabz123
    Tabz123 Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok.noted.

I will prepare a binder and hand in on Friday.
    However I must admit, using the advabced search function and search on key words > threads , I always fail to find what I am looking for on the forum.
    :cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Then you are doing it wrong, honestly, it is very very good:
    HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near the bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'.

Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tabz123
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Then you are doing it wrong, honestly, it is very very good:

I have now completed my WS complete with a front page, contents page, WS content, Labelled exhibits as well as cost schedule. Thanks a huge and great amount to all of you, but especially CouponMad!

I took the sample costs schedule from this thread:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72079752#post72079752

I used the 'Advanced search functionality' searching the Key words as detailed> then selecting 'Show results as posts' and of course selecting the Parking forum under the 'Search in Forums' option.

I did however give up searching for both integral waive and ring binder costs as it did not return the exact results.

Question: When I go with my file to the respective County Court who should I be asking for or handing my file into? How would I know that it will reach the right judge ?
  • Tabz123
    Options
    Another question I was supposed to ask above: Are you expected to provide evidence of your costs detailed in the schedule of costs and if so, at what stage after the hearing ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You evidence your wages and travel at the end, when you win, before leaving.

As for delivering a file of documents, make sure it has the date and time of the hearing on the front, along with the claim number and 'DEFENDANT'S WITNESS STATEMENT, EVIDENCE AND COSTS SCHEDULE'.

There might be a security guy or reception person, ask them where to put it as there might be a box for court deliveries.
  • Tabz123
    Options
    You evidence your wages and travel at the end, when you win, before leaving.

As for delivering a file of documents, make sure it has the date and time of the hearing on the front, along with the claim number and 'DEFENDANT'S WITNESS STATEMENT, EVIDENCE AND COSTS SCHEDULE'.

There might be a security guy or reception person, ask them where to put it as there might be a box for court deliveries.

Thanks CouponMad.

To bring a wage slip and parking ticket should be easy enough!

I also added the nominal 3hrours of litigants costs as well as the stationary costs. I imagine these wont be need to be evidenced, particularly as I don't have the printings costs or stationary receipt... ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No, you won't need to prove that but will need a crib sheet so you know what to say to explain why their conduct is so 'unreasonable' that you should get extra costs on the indemnity basis.
  • Tabz123
    Options
    Ok thanks CouponMad. I can prepare that and myself for the case closer to the time. Tomorrows task is dropping the file to court!
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Tabz123 wrote: »
    Question: When I go with my file to the respective County Court who should I be asking for or handing my file into? How would I know that it will reach the right judge ?

A poster on here today said the receptionist wouldn't give a receipt so he took photos of the bundle being placed in the box for court deliveries.
  • Tabz123
    Options
    So i went and delivered my documents into court. Was not a huge pile, only 16 pages or so. As suggested I presented the documents a clear document binder. The reception detailed they did not issue receipts however on request wrote her name, badge Id, claim reference number on a plain sheet and date stamped it with a court stamp. That should suffice as my receipt.

Now I sit and await the day of reckoning...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport