Paypal incompetence and £10 reward promise not met

hubb
hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
edited 14 September 2019 at 3:50PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Well I referred a friend to join Paypal during their offer of rewarding £10 if they signed up. The person signed up, and promptly sent £15 to a friends Halifax bank account to also qualify for a £10 reward (anything over £5 would qualify). Funds were in her account to cover this. The payment to the bank account has been pending for 8 days so far. Neither of us have received a £10 reward (transaction was made within the offer timescale) and Paypal email customer service have not responded to 3 emals (with the promise of responding within 24 hours) So basically we have been duped and getting no help from customer services. Has anyone else found of late that Paypals customer service has suddenly become abysmal as well as their horrible new website design ? Even chat is frustratingly computerised.

Comments

• hubb
    Wow 163 views and still no responses.
  • hubb wrote: »

What does this have to do with bank accounts?
  • hubb
    !!! wrote: »
    What does this have to do with bank accounts?

Paypal is an online bank. I think you need to re-think your post.
  • Deru
    Deru Posts: 621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Years ago I tried to chase up an incentive of theirs that never got paid. Phoned them many times and they just fobbed me off. In the end, I had nowhere to turn to and gave up... It might have been about £50 as it was a percentage of the transactions of the person I referred and they sold thousands of pounds worth of stuff.

On another occasion, they wrongfully clawed by some funds from me. I made a formal complain through their complaints system and got a swift resolution. Maybe this is the best route to get this resolved?

I find anything that's not a common issue, thy're not able to deal with effectively.

You say the funds were in pending state. Why is it pending? Maybe it needs to clear first?

Personally, I'd rather not look at PayPal as an online bank, more of a payment processor. Would not trust them as a bank.
  • Deru wrote: »
    Personally, I'd rather not look at PayPal as an online bank, more of a payment processor. Would not trust them as a bank.

PayPal does have a Luxembourg banking licence, so strictly speaking it's a bank - but the range of services is much less than we'd usually think of as a bank's offering.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    hubb wrote: »

Sorry for the late response, no I haven't.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,270 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    hubb wrote: »
    You should probably take that as 163 people (now 308) who haven't "found of late that Paypals customer service has suddenly become abysmal as well as their horrible new website design"
  • hubb
    Utterly diabolical. Dealing with Paypal is like herding cats. My issue was escalated a few days ago and still not heard back.
  • Try doing it through social media, it seems to work better, they don’t like the attention.
  • hubb
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    Try doing it through social media, it seems to work better, they don’t like the attention.

Tried Twitter and Facebook. Both with a promise of getting back very soon and now days later its tumbleweed. I cant for the life of me imagine why a payment to a UK bank via Paypal would take 12 days (and still pending although the money has now left the bank account but no confirmation from Paypal)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure