Ex-Solarplicity customers wrongly switched to Toto Energy - MSE News

Hundreds of ex-Solarplicity customers who recently switched away were wrongly moved to Toto Energy - if you're affected, here's what you need to know...
Read the full story:
'Ex-Solarplicity customers wrongly switched to Toto Energy'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 August 2019 at 3:59PM
    Yes, I'm one of these affected ex-Solarplicity customers who got switched from their current supplier (in my case Co-op) to Toto and knew nothing until the Co-op told me I was leaving on Monday.

I actually left Solarplicity on 4th April 2019.

I'd never even heard of Toto, so was quite surprised when I called Co-op and they told me Toto were my new suppliers. Co-op began processing an erroneous switch reversal request.

I received a letter from Toto on Wednesday and promptly called them. In fairness, Toto were very apologetic and actioned a cancellation immediately.

The response from Solarplicity in the MSE article just about sums them up - all accounts are being dealt with by Toto and they basically don't want to know.

Solarplicity sold Toto duff account details. Useless.
  • Delburn
    Delburn Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The problems at Solarplicity/Toto just keep piling up:

The Ombudsman put out a statement today saying that Solarplicity have continued to take direct debits from customers who had been transferred to Toto.

Very suspicious given their financial position.

ombudsman-servicesdotorg/news/solarplicity-update-aug-09-2019

OFGEM have reported Solarplicity as not paying FIT generators for an extended period:

ofgemdotgovdotuk/publications-and-updates/solarplicity-supply-ltd-provisional-order-failure-make-fit-payments

If Solarplicity cannot meet their liabilities when due and the directors won't appoint administrators, then OFGEM need to get on and appoint them.

Sorry I cannot post proper links.
  • Delburn
    What a surprise:

ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/ofgem-protects-customers-failed-supplier-solarplicity
  • Solarplicity just gone bust. Can only say I'm surprised I'm surprised
  • Delburn
    Take care reading the link to the Solarplicity site. The administrators have not been able to take control of their site.

The are trying to blame OFGEM for their own failures. Their community solar panel scheme is currently still trading because they structured it in a different company, leaving behind the debts of the gas and electricity supply company. A large number of complaints are being reported about this part of their business as well.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What a tangled web there is going to be for the Solarplicity customers who were "wrongly" transferred to Toto. Having gone thru 3 supplier failures in the last 13 months ,I feel their pain:(
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    brewerdave wrote: »
    What a tangled web there is going to be for the Solarplicity customers who were "wrongly" transferred to Toto.

Got switched to Toto without even realising Solarplicity had gone bust. Toto claimed that my tariff would remain the same... So I will now be paying 17.51p per KWh and 13.86p/day standing charge on electricity and gas is at 4.23p/KWh & 7.93p/day standing charge.
    Up from 14.85p/KWh for electricity and 3.48p/KWh gas (both on zero standing charge). So much for "no change". I'll be switching to another supplier as soon as I can.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    FreeBear wrote: »
    Got switched to Toto without even realising Solarplicity had gone bust.

Strictly speaking, the transfer to Toto was prior to and unrelated to Solarplicity going bust. You do not need to wait for anything. You can switch immediately.

Only customers not transferred to Toto are waiting for a supplier to be appointed by Ofgem.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Stuart_W wrote: »
    Strictly speaking, the transfer to Toto was prior to and unrelated to Solarplicity going bust. You do not need to wait for anything. You can switch immediately.

So who do I put down as my current supplier ?
    Toto who are still in the process of switching my supply from Solarplicity, or Solarplicity who are no longer trading.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure