We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Version 1903?

Options
2»

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A note about System Restore in Windows 10 - don't try to roll back using it because it will break:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-wont-boot-when-using-system-restore-after-updating/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just did it on my Acer One 10, because that's less of a problem than my PC, if it goes wrong. I have very little personal stuff on the One 10, and what there is, is all stored on a 128GB Micro SD Card, which I removed prior to updating.

No major problems. It put all the icons back on the Taskbar, but it was the work of a minute to delete the ones I don't want there.
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I installed it on my Lenovo laptop last week and it worked fine. Nothing stopped working, and I wasn't logged out of any websites. I upgraded in the hope that I would be able to use a U2F Security Key with the Edge browser. In in this respect the upgrade was only partially useful to me as only Dropbox recognised the U2F Key when using Edge, a number of other applications still failed to regard Edge as a valid browser for use with U2F keys. I'm hoping it is just a matter of time before there is full support for Edge with U2F keys.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • Ant555
    Ant555 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I recently upgraded two lap tops as the option appeared in the windows update section - took a couple of hours each but I was in no rush so just left them running.

The lap top ended up with a large c:\windows.old directory after the update so I guess this is a big update that creates a fresh windows install - use Disk Cleanup or the Storage control panel to free up the space afterwards.

Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family