Onestream broadband

Does anyone have any experience of this company? I know they are fairly new to providing home broadband but I can't find any reviews anywhere , any advice welcomed, thanks

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    New supplier less than 6 months old not likely to be any/ many reviews
  • Never even heard of them until your thread but given their prices I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on customer feedback.
  • Onestream is owned by OneCom who have a strategic partnership with Vodafone.

https://onecom.co.uk/onecom-buys-evolve-in-deal-set-to-bring-7m-new-earnings-in-first-year/

You have to search quite a bit to find out details about who owns OneStream however it just seems to me that OneStream fibre is actually Vodafone fibre just repackaged in a different way.

OneCom also own the following websites;

commsmanager.com
    connectwithevolve.co.uk
    connectwithonecom.co.uk
  • QQQ
    QQQ Posts: 375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have a look at their awful reviews on Trustpilot - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.onestream.co.uk
  • chaoszone
    chaoszone Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 January 2019 at 4:44PM
    I took the plunge on the Black Friday deal (£9.99) and have been using the standard broadband for a while now so I thought it's time to give my opinion. I moved from Sky and the biggest complaint I've had is that the download speed is not as good. I believe they piggyback on the Vodafone network and it seems to correlate with reviews of Vodafone's ISP division. However, the ping rate is fast so I would imagine that if you are an online gamer to a certain extent it is a plus point. I've not had problems with IPTV up to now but I do think that it would be in the company's best interest to focus on improving it's download speed. I personally had a smooth transition and have not had reason to contact them directly so I can't comment on customer service. The router is pretty basic but it does the job. Being a new kid on the block there's room for improvement so I guess it remains to be seen as to how good it will be in the long term.

It appear like they have different deals with different comparison sites and at the time of writing "broadband-finder" seem to have the best deal for them.

A point to make though is that there is a massive price hike after 12 months so be careful when your contract is ending.
  • I wanted to switch to this provider, but they did everything wrong. They weren't capable of making an appointment with an engineer to come and fix the installation, but they did charge me for nothing (and the refund is still pending). Their communication was very poor and delayed. Of course I then decided to find another provider which run everything smoothly.

Onestream - probably the worst company I had to deal with ever.
  • OneStream about to default ?
    I applied for broadband with Onestream for Jetstream Fibre Unlimited Broadband Including Line Rental on 16th April. They confirmed that I could receive the service and asked for a £69.98 up front payment. I paid this. Then on 17th April they said that they could not provide the service to my FTTP property, cancelled the order and promised a refund. Some weeks later I chased up as I had not received a refund. Now over a month has passed and despite chasing a second time still I have had no refund. They promised me broadband but failed to provide it. Then they promised me a refund and have failed to meet their promised timescale. Does not look good. Maybe they are about to default as a company. Avoid.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    BB promise is due i guess to not supplying over FTTP .
  • MudBarf
    MudBarf Posts: 6 Forumite
    Onestream has repeatedly misbilled me since I joined them. The first engineer they sent said the wiring in my home was broken and I needed to get my landlord to run another phone line. The second engineer, nearly a month later, had us up and running minutes after stepping through our door.

Onestream billed us for the month we didn't have internet. Took hours to get through to anyone, and they eventually agreed to credit us.

They currently owe us £153.80. They billed us twice for installation (£30 the first time, then £33.80 the second time) and then billed us £120 for a missed engineer appointment that was not missed. They knew it was not missed when they took that money.

I complained about the misbilling on the 13th of May, and after a lot of arguing they agreed to repay the money. They emailed my wife (the account holder, I'm just a named person on the account) to say that yes, they did owe us £153.80, and that we would get a refund within 30 days.

Well, 48 days later and we still don't have our money back. We've called them repeatedly, and every time they tell us it's with the billing department, and we will have our money back within a week.

Another thing I've noticed is that since I put up a negative review on trustpiliot, they've jumped from 1 star to 3. Loads and loads of positive reviews all of a sudden. And they tried to get my review removed. I would guess they tried to get all negative reviews removed.

Not saying they've put up loads of fake reviews, but it does seem suspect, don't you think?
  • blinko
    blinko Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I haven't had broadband with oneysteam for 5 days now. Held onto he phone for 1 hour apparently network upgrade .

Really just like that put of the blue . Have no idea if I can leave or what to do about it
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback