Royal Mail changes

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Well an interesting one. Not for the end user but more to the direction RM is going.
    On Friday managers were 'told' they would receive no annual bonus this year.
    As with most places the bonus amount relates to PDR results over the 12 month period.
    average is 10% of annual pay.
    News of the bonus being cancelled was spread in Chinese whispers rather than a full on announcement. I think RM want to see how hard the push back is.
    Bonus would have been paid at the end of this month.
  • I'm a postie and haven't heard anything about dropping a day or Special Delivery changes. Our office is already doing the LAT weekdays up to 7pm and Saturdays until 6pm.

As RM are after more parcel traffic I would have thought we would be following London and doing Sunday deliveries instead of just Christmas.

Losing a day when our competitors are doing a 7 day week?
  • custardy
    I'm a postie and haven't heard anything about dropping a day or Special Delivery changes. Our office is already doing the LAT weekdays up to 7pm and Saturdays until 6pm.

As RM are after more parcel traffic I would have thought we would be following London and doing Sunday deliveries instead of just Christmas.

Its not about losing a day. Its about making letter deliver 5 days.
    Hence the drive to parcel traffic.

you may not have been told but I got it from a regional manger and know OPGs in the East of Scotland area have been briefed this is coming.
    Of course Scotland has always been ahead of the curve in RM modernisation ;)
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I think we’ve been in a trial area for this as well, it’s fairly common to have no delivery either on the Saturday or the Monday on our street (it varies between the Saturday and Monday every few weeks), to the extent that most of the neighbours have noticed.

The postie parks his van on the corner when doing the deliveries so it’s fairly easy to notice the days it’s not there.
    ====
  • custardy
    d123 wrote: »
    I think we’ve been in a trial area for this as well, it’s fairly common to have no delivery either on the Saturday or the Monday on our street (it varies between the Saturday and Monday every few weeks), to the extent that most of the neighbours have noticed.

The postie parks his van on the corner when doing the deliveries so it’s fairly easy to notice the days it’s not there.

You misunderstand. There is no trial,so how can you be part of it?
    The trial relates to parcel delivery.
    The USO for letters still stands.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 June 2019 at 4:09PM
    custardy wrote: »
    You misunderstand. There is no trial,so how can you be part of it?
    The trial relates to parcel delivery.
    The USO for letters still stands.

Well, the deliveries have been missing either the Saturday or Monday for at least 6 months. Confirmed by other neighbours and checking cctv.

Another poster has also noticed it in their area.
    Fairly sure thats unofficially implemented in my street because we never get post on a Saturday. Small cul de sac so we can see who comes up and 9 times out of 10 they don't come up here on a Saturday. I really don't believe that 15 houses get no post on one day a week.
    ====
  • custardy
    Well, the deliveries have been missing either the Saturday or Monday for at least 6 months. Confirmed by other neighbours and checking cctv.

Well I suggest you complain.
    The USO is at the core (for now) of RMs service. Its not something you just don't meet on a whim.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Yes we have noticed it as well.

Very often we get nothing on a sat and mon.

Tuesday seems to be the day we get most post.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I'm a postie and haven't heard anything about dropping a day or Special Delivery changes. Our office is already doing the LAT weekdays up to 7pm and Saturdays until 6pm.

If Royal Mail want more parcel traffic, I suggest they look at their prices. To post a parcel weighing between 1 and 2 kilos costs £8.95 the next price band is up to 5 kilos costing £15.85 then up and then up to 10 kilos at £21.90.

I have a Royal Mail account, but any parcels over 2 kg go with DPD at a cost of £7.19 for up to 20 kg.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If Royal Mail want more parcel traffic, I suggest they look at their prices. To post a parcel weighing between 1 and 2 kilos costs £8.95 the next price band is up to 5 kilos costing £15.85 then up and then up to 10 kilos at £21.90.

I have a Royal Mail account, but any parcels over 2 kg go with DPD at a cost of £7.19 for up to 20 kg.
    Those are Special Delivery prices. Anything under 2kg/ £50 value can be sent much more cheaply with RM.

For heavier parcels companies like DPD are cheaper but insurance is extra and there are a lot more exceptions. I also use DPD but take the risk on myself - you need to have a lot of lost or damaged parcels to make this worthwhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure