Virgin Mobile customers hit by outage - MSE News

Some Virgin Mobile customers have been unable to make calls, send text messages or use their mobile data for several hours today as part of an ongoing outage...
Read the full story:
'Virgin Mobile customers hit by outage'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    yeah, . At least my phone hasn't broken though.

Can't ring 789 or anyone.
    display shows 3G but data doesn't work
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I've had this all day. no incoming or outgoing calls or texts and no data. My phone has been nothing more than a paperweight today!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • AndyPK
    working now
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Working now thankfully but I am not amused that they are putting their prices up AGAIN! They only hit us with a price increase in April and now they're doing it again... :mad:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • babyboos
    babyboos Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post
    Do we need to contact them if we were adversely affected or is everyone being auto compensated
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I was looking at the news yesterday and saw the story about needing to update WhatsApp so I messed about and found an Ios update so I did that to my phone, then wife's phone, then found neither would make calls. I was cursing Apple and the update for several hours. Both on Virgin. Very irritating. Incoming calls were hit and miss but data worked, most strange.
  • Pluto88888
    Pluto88888 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Working now thankfully but I am not amused that they are putting their prices up AGAIN! They only hit us with a price increase in April and now they're doing it again... :mad:

I find it's funny they just did the RPI price increase and now July another they are really taking the Brits for a ride milking every penny from hardworking people.

Crazy glad I ditch everything that begins with the word virgin.

These clowns still own me £43 cheque for my cancelled service this March been chasing them over chat and phone nonstop.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,955 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Why did it only effect Virgin mobile customers, given that VM piggy back off EE?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • AndyPK
    I wonder if it’s anything to do with the new sims they sent out months ago.

They were for moving ppl over to a different network ?
  • Supatramp
    Supatramp Posts: 693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm with Virgin and recently updated my contract, and got the new SIM. I delayed using it but was getting nags, so installed it.,

Ever since, phone showing 4g+ but when making a call it goes to 3g,, then H.

Coincidentally, have had numerous hassles with Whatsapp since too, still not getting the blue ticks showing that the other end has got the message!
    David.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport