PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Old Style Daily Friday 15th February 2019

Options

Comments

• Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning. It’s Friday yeh. Working this morning and lunchtime then I finish until Tuesday can’t wait. I might do the shopping for food this afternoon as we are going out for a meal tonight and tomorrow I am going shopping with a friend if I don’t I will get up tomorrow early and go before I met Mags Have a good day everyone
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning everyone,

And a huge thank you to pretty much all of you who gave me your opinion on beards. Lovely to hear some of your tales from yesteryear and how your OH's facial hair has changed since then. Made me chuckle. I've light brown hair, so I think I'll shave it down to a light beard/heavy stubble. Best of both worlds.

This morning I packed my car with my stuff for the weekend back in Scotland. (Very) quick visit to the gym followed by work and I'll leave here at 2pm to get home at a decent time. Need to go via IKEA as I am going to redeem my voucher I got from the Christmas tree to buy a mirror for my hall. Then that way, I can borrow the relevant tools off my step-dad.

Really looking forward to the weekend, it will be nice to see everyone again. Not seen them since just after new year, so what's that, 5 or 6 weeks? Feels like ages.

Family holiday booked last night too. £105 for flights to Malaga in September for a week and as it's my parents timeshare, I'll only need spending money. Bargain and gives me something to look forward to.

Hope everyone had a nice and relaxing weekend.

AoD - Sounds like you have quite the picturesque journey to and from.
    Nelski - You broke my heart, what's wrong with a kilt? haha
    Organza - Get well soon.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

I was awake at 4am, pulled the duvet up, but did not go back to sleep. OH got up at 8am I stretched it out till 8.30. I am feeling really tired just now, it may be the BP medication I am on. AS usual BP is rocketting up and down, no idea what she is going to say when I go to see her next Saturday.

Very heavy frost, OH is itching to get out into the garden, he was out yesterday for a while in the shed, no way is he going out now, its too cold. The sun is shining but does not seem to have much heat in it as yet.

I am going to try and get some more bits for my quilt cut this morning, I am cutting the side triangles for the blocks, need 56.........done the 6 just 50 to go!!:eek::eek: Once I have done them I can set to and get Denny's book cushion done. I also need to do a bit of ironing, pillow cases, and the shower curtain needs the creases ironed with a cool iron.

Fish and chips tonight, will finish off the rasps in jelly for dessert.
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all from mehefinland

Well fog and sun ( eventually) yesterday, and mist and frost today. No wonder the girls don't know if they are coming or going. Put lightweight rugs on yesterday and today as they came in sweaty the other afternoon after a sunny spell. I'll be glad when the they start shedding their coats even if they do look ragbags .

Another disturbed night - not the pecker this time:naughty: It was the reversing beepers on all the vehicles working on the airfield runway. And a bloomin' cockerel that cant tell the time:D

DS took his latest GF to an Italian restaurant in Cardiff last night, bet that made his wallet wince:eek: Mrs M and I had a M T dine in for £10 and it was very good. The Belgian chocky cheesecake was to die for. Might even beat Soreen! There was fall over juice in the deal too:beer:

Think that's about it for now
    Hugs and Spoons to those in need
    Mehefin
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dumpling, I'm glad your legs are feeling better.

OL, carpal tunnel is horrible, are they suggesting the op?

Steve had his scan last night, Holly so hopefully we will get the results today. As I left I asked what time he'd have it and the nurse said he wasn't booked for one. I told her that they had definitely said he had to have one and had been since Sunday. She checked his notes and lo and behold it was in there but no-one had done anything about booking one. You have to be very pro-active with things. He's been having injections to bring up his white cells but they missed two days because the pharmacy ran out - practicing for Brexit no doubt.

I went in for the start of visiting at 11am because I had a suspicion the consultants would be early and they were, too early so I missed them, annoying. Usually they arrive about 4pm, I don't know why because if they want to change treatment or order scans and things they lose a day.

Sorry for the rant, it's just frustration, he's really being treated very well and the food (apart from breakfast) is very good which is a bonus.
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all
    Good nights sleep for me for a change think these 4 dog walks a day are wearing me out the girls seem to enjoy it The sun is starting to come through after a frosty start
    I need to pop out in a bit to the chemist for some savlon cream for the holiday suitcase
    Dinner tonight mushroom omelette we were supposed to go out with some friends but DH has to work
    Hugs to all going through tough times
    Have a great day whatever you are up to xx
    Slava Ukraini
  • nannywindow
    Options
    Morning all.
    It's a lovely bright sunny day here, mind you we were supposed to have this weather yesterday ! There is no need even to put the fire or heating on yet.
    The garden looks a lot tidier this morning and I feel a bit more "with it" at last :j. Perhaps it was being out in the fresh air !
    Today is a hanging around day until this afternoon, when I go to the hairdressers to get my hair cut, it's really long and it needs a lot cut off as it's way past my shoulders :eek:. Mr Fix It is having to wait around too, as Dad has taken his car for an MOT and service this morning. He followed Dad down to the garage and took him home and now has to wait for the call to do the reverse journey. Could be a long wait as the garage is a one man band :(.
    Never mind, after our busy day yesterday a "down" day will do us no harm. I will empty the DW though when it's finished and just tidy up bits and bobs as I go.
    The lamb shanks yesterday were lovely and there's enough left over for tonight. I shall add some bbq sauce to it and we shall have hot pulled lamb baguettes with a side salad.

Speky enjoy your weekend at home.
    AOD you could have been describing Mr Fix It :rotfl:
    Holly I'm glad you enjoyed your coffee morning. I hope you can make lots of new friends.
    Snoozer hope Steve has a better day today.
    Mehefin I need some of that cheesecake now, it sounds delicious. Belgian choc and cheesecake, what's not to like :drool:

Hugs galore to all today.
    Take care
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,111 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm off out in a bit, lunch with my oldest friend.Not seen her since before Xmas so that'll be nice.She seems to be doing really well now after all her treatment last year for breast cancer,thank goodness.
    Holly,my pc informed me this morning its 33 days off being officially spring :Tso you'll soon be on your trips.
    Nelski- I thought James looked a fine figure of a man in that kilt ;)
    OL hope you feel better soon,and indeed anyone else under the weather.
    Snoozer,hope the scan goes well xx

Lovely day again but a very frosty start.

Speky,enjoy your weekend back home.I think beardwise a happy medium is good, I hate the look of a long beard,especially if there are crumbs stuck in it :rotfl:,with you on that RRuby !
    Adventures with my instant pot are continuing,got yogurt in there today.Sweet & sour pork went down very well last night,DS has taken the leftovers for his lunch.A lovely risotto on Wed,cooked in about 7 mins,no stood stirring for ages either.Still havent told DH how much it was but he's enjoying the results so I think he'd soon get over it now :D but would have moaned a bit if he knew before I got it. He's finally agreed to order some spice racks to put on the wall- at the mo they are in a wall cupboard near to the hob on an outside wall & some of them seem to spoil quick.Not sure if it's condensation or what but we can put the racks on a different wall, and I get an empty cupboard too,win win :)
    Right better go and check I'm presentable before I go out - have a lovely day :)
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Afternoon all. Mia yesterday as we went out for lunchb with friends. All very nice and DH had a lovely steak pie. I had pie envy!

Back to their house for coffee. They have a very lively cockerpoo puppy which tries to get on your lap .

Snoozer hospitals can be so frustrating can't they. Mr Gintot has to have an operation which has just been postphoned from today to the 18th March. He first saw the consultant neurologist in November and was promised the pre op in December and the Op in January but it was not to be. He has a benign tumour between the left ear and the brain which is pressing on his auditory nerve so he has lost hearing in that ear.

He is finding the waiting hard. We are all trying to keep him occupied.

I hope Steve gets sorted our soon.

Well hugs to all and I hope you are getting some of this lovely sunshine. We had lunch in the garden today!
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    good afternoon chums and what a beautiful afternoon it is .as I drove home from history the top main road down to where i live have loads of primroses that all seem to have come out today and they are gorgeous I have snowdrop in my garden at the bottom which are out as well Its so nice to see the flowers and garden starting to wake up after winter ,fingers crossed the good weather stays with us.

Nelski kilts are lovely My two brothers when they were young wore them to go to school, (Scots parents ) and my middle brother Davey came home with a black eye and a thick lip as he had got into an argument about 'wearing a skirt' with another boy The other lad apparently came off worse as our Davey gave him a good idea of what a proud son of a Scotsman thought of his silly remark. Best part is our Davey and myself were the only ones in our family born in England :) (both eastenders ) :)
    But I think chaps in kilts look extremely handsome and debonair :)

Ogg to the big KM charity quiz tonight which is always great fun and a very good night out. all the money raised is normally doubled by Barclays Bank as its a very good cause.

Had a nice lunch of jacket spud and large salad and won't cook tonight as bits of food is laid on for the quizzers.

Hope everyone has a good weekend I am off to my sis-in-laws first thing in the morning in London as we are having a celebratory dinner together as tomorrow would have been my 55th wedding anniversary, a lot colder day back then though :)

enjoy the weekend whatever you are doing

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business