Noodle and clearscore what files do they check??

Options

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    A CCA is a consumer credit agreement.

But there is nothing that says that it applies to utility accounts as per here:

https://debtcamel.co.uk/ask-cca-agreement-for-debt/

So asking for it and thinking you don’t have to pay it because they can’t show a CCA is a pointless exercise
    The OP has 27 debts. Most of them will be applicable for a CCA request.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • benmids2019
    Options
    Oh ok thanks. So if turns out that can't give me a copy of the credit agreement so they have to remove it from my credit files?

Alot of debts were from a catalogue company can't remember if I did an agreement
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No. But it would be unenforceable.
  • benmids2019
    Options
    What about Ccjs if I can't get the credit agreement on those.
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    No. But it would be unenforceable.
    If any of the debts are unenforceable due to lack of paperwork, you can either choose to use that as leverage to get better settlement offers, or you could use it to not pay off that particular debt.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No they just won’t be enforceable in court.

You still need to pay the money as you owe it, besides the fact you know you morally owe it.

Regards the CCJ’s have you acknowledged them yet?
  • benmids2019
    Options
    Yes I'm aware of the 2 Ccjs arrangements in places. One of them was over 6 years ago the default have dropped off but CCJ still showing. I'm going to offer a reduced settlement soon on one.

What will that show on credit file?
  • benmids2019
    Options
    Tbf the debt companies I have spoken to relating to my debt been very fair. Over the last 2 months I've cleared 4 debts 2 with reduced settlements with 50% off debt and they weren't showing on file.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You’ll need to pay the full amount owed for the CCJ or setup a payment plan to cover all the costs.

They may ask for a statement of affairs - incomings, outgoings etc to decide a payment plan they’re willing to accept
  • benmids2019
    Options
    I've been offered a reduce settlent for one the Ccjs at my request they have accepted it. Am I best to pay in full
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure