PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Paying for searches for the new house but my buyer pulled out

Options

Comments

• dinerodinero
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback.

Next buyer will have to pay first before we start looking for a property for ourselves, we have learnt after giving away some ££££
  • dinerodinero
    Options
    eddddy wrote: »
    Again, a 'traditional' agent would have qualified the buyer (i.e. asked to see mortgage offers and bank statements), and 'progressed' the buyer.

i.e. Phoned them for updates, find out if there were any problems, make sure they were doing everything they needed to do, etc

So you might have found out about the problems much quicker, and lost less time.

I'm not sure that PB do this kind of stuff.

Thank you, yes that is what we needed to do but we thought that everything was done by PB. Hey we learnt!!!
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Next buyer will have to pay first before we start looking for a property for ourselves, we have learnt after giving away some ££££
    You mean you're going to break the chain by moving into a rental property on completion?

You'll still have upfront costs on the rental - so I guess it's actually a hotel you'll be moving to.

Oh, and you'll still need to pay your EA and solicitor for the work they do on the sale.
  • dinerodinero
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    You mean you're going to break the chain by moving into a rental property on completion?

You'll still have upfront costs on the rental - so I guess it's actually a hotel you'll be moving to.

Oh, and you'll still need to pay your EA and solicitor for the work they do on the sale.

No, I meant until the buyer for our house do not pay for it( instead of saying that their mortgage is on place and that they are buying the property ) we will not buying a new property so I will do as well as they have done and they will have to wait for us to find the right property for us but on the meantime I will be saying that everything is in place as they have done, so we do not loose out again. I know it is not very moral but it is legal!!!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Where are you going to live when the next buyer has 'paid for' your house?
  • AdrianC
    Options
    No, I meant until the buyer for our house do not pay for it( instead of saying that their mortgage is on place and that they are buying the property ) we will not buying a new property so I will do as well as they have done and they will have to wait for us to find the right property for us but on the meantime I will be saying that everything is in place as they have done, so we do not loose out again. I know it is not very moral but it is legal!!!
    You're going to have to explain that to me a bit more slowly...

Let's look at the timeline of a sale:

1. The buyer makes an offer, the seller accepts it.
    2. The buyer does all the legal work to make sure they're buying what they think they're buying. This takes months. Either can pull out at any stage for any reason.
    3. On exchange date, the buyer and seller exchange contracts, and both are legally bound to the deal. The date for completion is set, probably no more than a fortnight ahead. Neither can pull out without incurring substantial costs.
    4. On completion day, the buyer pays, and the seller gives them the keys to the now-empty house. The house is sold.

So at what point in that are you planning to stop lying to your solicitor and estate agent, and start looking for somewhere to sleep on the night of completion day?
  • dinerodinero
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Where are you going to live when the next buyer has 'paid for' your house?

When the money has been deposit for the property is when I will start looking for a property to buy, so the buyers of my property will have to wait until we buy. We will carry on living on the property that they have bought.
  • AdrianC
    Options
    When the money has been deposit for the property is when I will start looking for a property to buy, so the buyers of my property will have to wait until we buy. We will carry on living on the property that they have bought.
    The deposit gets handed over on exchange. The completion date is set at the same time. Are you planning on giving them a completion date of several months in the future...? Or are you planning on simply ignoring the date that you agree to?

One of those will result in the contracts not being exchanged.
    The other will result in you wishing it hadn't.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    Options

Oh dear, you have no idea. My only advise is never ever use purple bricks.
  • dinerodinero
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    You're going to have to explain that to me a bit more slowly...

Let's look at the timeline of a sale:

1. The buyer makes an offer, the seller accepts it.
    2. The buyer does all the legal work to make sure they're buying what they think they're buying. This takes months. Either can pull out at any stage for any reason.
    3. On exchange date, the buyer and seller exchange contracts, and both are legally bound to the deal. The date for completion is set, probably no more than a fortnight ahead. Neither can pull out without incurring substantial costs.
    4. On completion day, the buyer pays, and the seller gives them the keys to the now-empty house. The house is sold.

So at what point in that are you planning to stop lying to your solicitor and estate agent, and start looking for somewhere to sleep on the night of completion day?

Right, so we have been twice on your step 3, but our buyers have been on your step 2, without our knowledge, which know we know that it is legal and a normal practice.
    What we will do is for our buyer to be on your step 3 and then as we have got a mortgage in place already we will make sure that we buy a property.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure