🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Breakfree £10pp holidays are coming back

Options

Comments

• Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bitm2007 wrote: »
    Where did you find the code word BIKINI ? The code word "Happy" was printed in the £10 hols pull out in the Western Morning News yesterday, and todays code in that newspaper is "Sunset".

I am guessing the western is a daily, surrey advertiser is weekly
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • bitm2007
    bitm2007 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 January 2019 at 8:17PM
    Options
    Syman wrote: »
    I am guessing the western is a daily, surrey advertiser is weekly

Yes the WMN is a daily publication, the good news is that all the local newspapers use the same £10 hols website, and past promotions have shown that any codes published in any of the local newspapers will be accepted by the booking site regardless of which newspaper you select that you read. So any codes published in daily newspapers like the WMN should work for you, and any codes publishes in any of the other local newspapers (daily or weekly) should work for me.
  • Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes the WMN is a daily publication, the good news is that all the local newspapers use the same £10 hols website, and past promotions have shown that any codes published in any of the local newspapers will be accepted by the booking site regardless of which newspaper you select that you read. So any codes published in daily newspapers like the WMN should work for you, and any codes publishes in any of the other local newspapers (daily or weekly) should work for me.

so between us we should be sorted:T
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • bitm2007
    Options
    so between us we should be sorted:T

Yes we will have 6 codes before the booking sites opens on Wednesday if Bikini isn't one of the codes in tomorrows, Mondays or Tuesdays WMN, if it is we will need to wait until Wednesdays newspaper code is available.
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes we will have 6 codes before the booking sites opens on Wednesday if Bikini isn't one of the codes in tomorrows, Mondays or Tuesdays WMN, if it is we will need to wait until Wednesdays newspaper code is available.

It'll be like the Daily Mail promotion
    Even if you have 5 codes when the booking office is open around midnight it'll be a matter of guessing the last code till one works
  • bitm2007
    edited 5 January 2019 at 12:07PM
    Options
    essex_boy wrote: »
    It'll be like the Daily Mail promotion
    Even if you have 5 codes when the booking office is open around midnight it'll be a matter of guessing the last code till one works

Thankfully Breakfree have never used a random four letter/number final code word like the Suns promotion. So guessing it is a distinct possibly. I've managed this in the past using code words that have been used in previous local newspaper promotion.
  • bitm2007
    Options
    Todays code in the Western Morning News is BIKINI, so the daily WMN has now printed the same three code words as the weekly Surrey advertiser.

I will post Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays codes from the WMN on here as well, but the earliest I will be able to get a paper here in Cornwall on Wednesday is around 7am (although they often arrive later). So if anybody can post the final code word on here earlier, it would be appreciated.
  • elitelady
    elitelady Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://www.breakfreeholidays.co.uk/local

you need to get codes from local papers.

i have booked through this promotion several times, with the assistance of other MSErs posting the codewords.

First few codewords

HAPPY
    SUNSET
    BIKINI

Is there one for today please :)
  • bitm2007
    Options
    elitelady wrote: »
    Is there one for today please :)

Todays code in Western Morning News (and presumably all the other daily local newspapers) is BIKINI, which is a code we already had thanks to those collecting codes in the weekly local newspapers.
  • lanstrom
    lanstrom Posts: 204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    essex_boy wrote: »
    No idea what happened to the Daily Mail promotion
    I had seen it advertised as January 3rd start but it never happened
    No advertising seen anywhere with the date it's starting so I'll stick to The Sun this year

Thanks. I thought it was a bit strange as this time last year I had already booked 3 or 4 of the weekends away and I definitely did it in the first few days of January.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport