IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia Parking BW Legal court action threat

Options

Comments

• StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interesting that this came up today - we received a batch of these at work for some Britannia parking charges.

Have BP only signed up with BW Legal recently, as previous threat-o-grams have come through DRP.

They got one of my polite "GFY" letters - we've responded to each of their charges previously, and BritPark are notoriously bad for POFA compliance.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    StaffsSW wrote: »
    Interesting that this came up today - we received a batch of these at work for some Britannia parking charges.

Have BP only signed up with BW Legal recently, as previous threat-o-grams have come through DRP.

They got one of my polite "GFY" letters - we've responded to each of their charges previously, and BritPark are notoriously bad for POFA compliance.

Love your thinking, a man after my own heart. If only we could tell everyone to tell BWLegal to GFY

BWL seem to make friends with the weirdest of scammers, right now it's the "odd couple" relationship with Britannia

The intelligence level of BWL is a lot to be desired and it seems they are hell bent on being whooped in court over the £60 double recovery scam they are currently running.

They got whooped so many times with their rubbish about Elliott v Loake and CPS v AJH Films which also rubbished Excel/VCS

I see recently they started that rubbish again.??

So, whilst BWLegal continue as money thugs, my suggestion is tell everyone to complain to the SRA and of course their MP

Sooner or later ???? ........
  • StaffsSW
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »

So, whilst BWLegal continue as money thugs, my suggestion is tell everyone to complain to the SRA and of course their MP

Sooner or later ???? ........

My MP is Jared O'Mara.

My voice, along with many others in the area, remains unheard and effectively unrepresented.

I may create a template for SRA complaints though, just to stir up trouble. Could I make a separate complaint for each charge, because I get dozens of letters from QDR each month about bye-law 14 tickets.
  • beamerguy
    edited 12 December 2018 at 10:52AM
    Options
    StaffsSW wrote: »
    My MP is Jared O'Mara.

My voice, along with many others in the area, remains unheard and effectively unrepresented.

I may create a template for SRA complaints though, just to stir up trouble. Could I make a separate complaint for each charge, because I get dozens of letters from QDR each month about bye-law 14 tickets.

I think a template would be unwise as it would be seen as a copy and paste. People should write their own complaints

YES, 14 problems must equal 14 complaints

Bear in mind that QDR are the cheapo version of Wright Hassall, it would be worth saying about this duo

Labour MP Jared O’Mara, who was suspended after abusive messages he had made on social media resurfaced, has resigned from the party

Foolish Labour party for allowing him back
    He was reinstated by the party, with officials saying he should attend training and be given a formal warning over the string of homophobic and misogynistic comments he had made online

I would imagine he has not been re-trained yet
  • StaffsSW
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    I think a template would be unwise as it would be seen as a copy and paste. People should write their own complaints

YES, 14 problems must equal 14 complaints

Bear in mind that QDR are the cheapo version of Wright Hassall, it would be worth saying about this duo

Labour MP Jared O’Mara, who was suspended after abusive messages he had made on social media resurfaced, has resigned from the party

Foolish Labour party for allowing him back
    He was reinstated by the party, with officials saying he should attend training and be given a formal warning over the string of homophobic and misogynistic comments he had made online

I would imagine he has not been re-trained yet

I'd only use a template because so many of the issues and scenarios I deal with and arguments I use are consistent.

Jared quit the Labour party rather than undergo training. , which speaks volumes about the make of the man. He now stands as an independent, but his attendance and voting record are abysmal, and does nothing noticeable for the constituents
    The Commons is too noisy for him it seems, which is quite remarkable given that he used to be a DJ and promoter for one of the busiest bar & nightclubs in Sheffield.
  • saab93
    saab93 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    So I have now had a letter of claim (dated 19th December 2018).

I have subsequently contacted Britannia by email and telephone and advised that although our permission remains the same (we haven't done anything wrong) that I would be willing to pay the original £60 fine to stop all of this nonsense and the stress it brings.

Britannia refuse to discuss it and say I must only speak to BW Legal.

They clearly want the £100 fine amount along with BW Legal £60 "fee".

Is my only option now to send an SAR to both?

Any advice gratefully received.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No SAR to BW Legal; that's not what the NEWBIES thread says.

And please, for your SAR to Britannia by email to their DPO, use the Legal Beagles template linked in the NEWBIES thread, not a long list of stuff.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    Options
    saab93 wrote: »
    So I have now had a letter of claim (dated 19th December 2018).

I have subsequently contacted Britannia by email and telephone and advised that although our permission remains the same (we haven't done anything wrong) that I would be willing to pay the original £60 fine to stop all of this nonsense and the stress it brings.

Britannia refuse to discuss it and say I must only speak to BW Legal.

They clearly want the £100 fine amount along with BW Legal £60 "fee".

Is my only option now to send an SAR to both?

Any advice gratefully received.

WOW you do believe in living in the danger zone.
    Why take so long from the 19th Dec to tell us ??

The LBC times out within 30 days ???

Does the LBC provide proof of their claim, pictures, proof the amount etc. ???
  • saab93
    Options
    I've had pictures sent to me before and details from the parking machine but that was from the original letters.

Their current LBC has no proof of claim at all.

I have until 23rd Jan to respond so not really danger zone.
  • saab93
    Options
    Another email from Britannia today saying I must only deal with BW legal so I have requested SAR and asked BW legal to put the case on hold.

Is this correct?

Will this stop court action or just delay it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure