Payment Platforms

Options
I would appreciate the help of members.I am trying to evaluate Payment Platforms that I could use to purchase goods on the Internet.I heard of a company called Adyen do any of the members have any experience of this company and do I have other options with other payment platforms?[
I would appreciate any input from members before I make a decision.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JAZZJIM wrote: »
    I would appreciate the help of members.I am trying to evaluate Payment Platforms that I could use to purchase goods on the Internet.I heard of a company called Adyen do any of the members have any experience of this company and do I have other options with other payment platforms?[
    I would appreciate any input from members before I make a decision.

Why you asking about payment platforms ?

Theres a list of the top 20 providers, Ayden are in it and Paypal too.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »

Agreed, if you're purchasing good then you have no influence over the payment platform that a supplier has chosen, and there are many other more important factors to consider in selecting a supplier before you come to their payment platform.
  • JAZZJIM
    JAZZJIM Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »

Theres a list of the top 20 providers, Ayden are in it and Paypal too.
    I am asking about payment platforms to attemot to exercise choice.
    Who are the twenty you refer to?
    You mentioned 2 in relation to PayPay are there others that I can decide to use?
  • JAZZJIM
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Agreed, if you're purchasing good then you have no influence over the payment platform that a supplier has chosen, and there are many other more important factors to consider in selecting a supplier before you come to their payment platform.
    You have a choice as you can decide not to purchase goods if the seller doesn't have a payment platform that you are willing to use.
    We need to encourage additional platforms to widen choice for consumers.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am asking about payment platforms to attemot to exercise choice.
    Who are the twenty you refer to?
    You mentioned 2 in relation to PayPay are there others that I can decide to use?
    I presume that the poster was referring to https://financesonline.com/top-20-payment-gateway-providers/, which was the top (unsponsored) result when I took a few seconds to type 'top 20 payment platforms' into Google.
    You have a choice as you can decide not to purchase goods if the seller doesn't have a payment platform that you are willing to use.
    There's obviously nothing stopping you from conducting in-depth research on the top 20 and the (many) others but, depending on what you want to buy I suppose, I'd humbly suggest that you're making a meal out of this! Are you seriously suggesting that you'd assemble a list of Jazzjim-approved payment processors and use this to filter potential future suppliers, or the marginally more sane approach of reviewing preferred options at the time of evaluating a purchase?
    We need to encourage additional platforms to widen choice for consumers.
    Do we? Really?

More choice is generally considered a good thing but do you have any evidence that there aren't enough players already in this particular space?
  • JAZZJIM
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    I presume that the poster was referring to https://financesonline.com/top-20-payment-gateway-providers/, which was the top (unsponsored) result when I took a few seconds to type 'top 20 payment platforms' into Google.

There's obviously nothing stopping you from conducting in-depth research on the top 20 and the (many) others but, depending on what you want to buy I suppose, I'd humbly suggest that you're making a meal out of this! Are you seriously suggesting that you'd assemble a list of Jazzjim-approved payment processors and use this to filter potential future suppliers, or the marginally more sane approach of reviewing preferred options at the time of evaluating a purchase?

Do we? Really?

More choice is generally considered a good thing but do you have any evidence that there aren't enough players already in this particular space?

I appreciate you identifying the top 20 that gives me a 'heads up' to research the players.
    But lay off the sarcasm it simply undermines your positive input and does nothing for your standing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure