We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Payment Platforms

I would appreciate the help of members.I am trying to evaluate Payment Platforms that I could use to purchase goods on the Internet.I heard of a company called Adyen do any of the members have any experience of this company and do I have other options with other payment platforms?[
I would appreciate any input from members before I make a decision.

Comments

  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,652 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    JAZZJIM wrote: »
    I would appreciate the help of members.I am trying to evaluate Payment Platforms that I could use to purchase goods on the Internet.I heard of a company called Adyen do any of the members have any experience of this company and do I have other options with other payment platforms?[
    I would appreciate any input from members before I make a decision.

    Why you asking about payment platforms ?

    Theres a list of the top 20 providers, Ayden are in it and Paypal too.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Why you asking about payment platforms ?


    Agreed, if you're purchasing good then you have no influence over the payment platform that a supplier has chosen, and there are many other more important factors to consider in selecting a supplier before you come to their payment platform.
  • JAZZJIM
    JAZZJIM Posts: 26 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Why you asking about payment platforms ?

    Theres a list of the top 20 providers, Ayden are in it and Paypal too.
    I am asking about payment platforms to attemot to exercise choice.
    Who are the twenty you refer to?
    You mentioned 2 in relation to PayPay are there others that I can decide to use?
  • JAZZJIM
    JAZZJIM Posts: 26 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Agreed, if you're purchasing good then you have no influence over the payment platform that a supplier has chosen, and there are many other more important factors to consider in selecting a supplier before you come to their payment platform.
    You have a choice as you can decide not to purchase goods if the seller doesn't have a payment platform that you are willing to use.
    We need to encourage additional platforms to widen choice for consumers.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 42,017 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    JAZZJIM wrote: »
    I am asking about payment platforms to attemot to exercise choice.
    Who are the twenty you refer to?
    You mentioned 2 in relation to PayPay are there others that I can decide to use?
    I presume that the poster was referring to https://financesonline.com/top-20-payment-gateway-providers/, which was the top (unsponsored) result when I took a few seconds to type 'top 20 payment platforms' into Google.
    JAZZJIM wrote: »
    You have a choice as you can decide not to purchase goods if the seller doesn't have a payment platform that you are willing to use.
    There's obviously nothing stopping you from conducting in-depth research on the top 20 and the (many) others but, depending on what you want to buy I suppose, I'd humbly suggest that you're making a meal out of this! Are you seriously suggesting that you'd assemble a list of Jazzjim-approved payment processors and use this to filter potential future suppliers, or the marginally more sane approach of reviewing preferred options at the time of evaluating a purchase?
    JAZZJIM wrote: »
    We need to encourage additional platforms to widen choice for consumers.
    Do we? Really?

    More choice is generally considered a good thing but do you have any evidence that there aren't enough players already in this particular space?
  • JAZZJIM
    JAZZJIM Posts: 26 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    eskbanker wrote: »
    I presume that the poster was referring to https://financesonline.com/top-20-payment-gateway-providers/, which was the top (unsponsored) result when I took a few seconds to type 'top 20 payment platforms' into Google.

    There's obviously nothing stopping you from conducting in-depth research on the top 20 and the (many) others but, depending on what you want to buy I suppose, I'd humbly suggest that you're making a meal out of this! Are you seriously suggesting that you'd assemble a list of Jazzjim-approved payment processors and use this to filter potential future suppliers, or the marginally more sane approach of reviewing preferred options at the time of evaluating a purchase?

    Do we? Really?

    More choice is generally considered a good thing but do you have any evidence that there aren't enough players already in this particular space?

    I appreciate you identifying the top 20 that gives me a 'heads up' to research the players.
    But lay off the sarcasm it simply undermines your positive input and does nothing for your standing.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.