PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Heinz "Mayochup"

Options

Comments

• Prinzessilein
    Options
    In Germany it is not unusual to ask for your chips to be 'red and white' - ie with both mayo and ketchup (standard is just mayo)….and you either do a 'double dunk' or you mix the two sauces together.

It takes all of 10 seconds to mix the two - and you get the ratio you prefer.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I too wouldn't buy it I like mayo, but to me, ketchup is disgusting stuff along with brown sauce For some reason it looks like congealed blood to me and brown sauce is ....well I leave it to your own imagination I can't stand the smell of vinegar either.

When I was on holiday on the Ise of Wight I bought four different flavoured mayos from the garlic farm shop and they are delicious,

Bearing in mind this new product will be marketed by Heinz I don't suppose it will be very cheap either
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The proof will be in the tasting. If it tastes no better than current altentative but sells well, then it will be a triumph of marketing over common sense.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • GreenQueen
    Options
    wouldn't buy it - I only like mayo, and my DD likes to have ketchup or makes her own "pink sauce" - so for two products we have three options!
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options
    DEV1L wrote: »
    ............ Might even pop a little chilli in the bottle and give it a good shake.

I'd just add some 'sweet chilli sauce' to some 'mayo' and try that one :rotfl:.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I'm vegan and I buy vegan mayo and mix it with ketchup and dried herbs and use it as a salad dressing. I wasn't sure if that was a weird thing to do.:rotfl:

It tastes really nice to me.:D
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm vegan and I buy vegan mayo and mix it with ketchup and dried herbs and use it as a salad dressing. I wasn't sure if that was a weird thing to do.:rotfl:

It tastes really nice to me.:D

I bought Sriracha mayo from lidl recently. Ah-maaaaazing!!!!

We're vegan so won't be buying, but as others have said we always mixed ketchup with mayo as kids, then stuffed into avocados with prawns at Christmas (my mum could never let go of that 70s fave!)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    MandM90 wrote: »
    I bought Sriracha mayo from lidl recently. Ah-maaaaazing!!!!

Ooh, I will have to look out for that. How much was it?

I saw the Follow Your Heart Sriracha mayo on Ocado but it was nearly £5 for a jar!

ETA - just checked and it's on offer at £3.67 at the moment, still expensive but I might try it as now I fancy some.:D
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    I shan't be buying - I like mayo but dislike ketchup.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Looking forward to it and Heinz are always on offer in my local Asda. Love to try something new.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure