PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Heinz "Mayochup"

Options
Former_MSE_Nick_T
Former_MSE_Nick_T Posts: 52 Forumite
edited 26 September 2018 at 9:22AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hey Guys,

Came across this new Heinz sauce on twitter earlier. The new cross between Mayo and Ketchup... "Mayochup". It seems after a twitter poll held by Heinz it will be hitting UK shelves very soon.

But it got me thinking, would it not be cheaper to just buy the Ketchup and Mayo separate and mix it up yourself?

What do you think? Would you buy this?

15cyrme.jpg

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Wouldn't it be a bit like thousand island dressing?
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's just a basic Marie Rose sauce that you can already buy.
  • ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 September 2018 at 5:50PM
    Options
    As above, nothing new about a Marie Rose sauce.

Created by Fanny Craddock in the sixties.
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No. I wouldn't buy it.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No I wouldn't buy it; it sounds utterly disgusting. But then, I dislike tomato ketchup to start with.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • DEV1L
    DEV1L Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Ill buy it. It will be great on my burgers and fries. Might even pop a little chilli in the bottle and give it a good shake.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Price depending, I'd buy it to knock up crab salad as I don't buy mayo and usually use salad cream & ketchup to make a marie rose sauce for my crab salads ... but it'd be price dependent and would have to compare well with cheapo salad cream & ketchup, which it probably can't do.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Price depending, I'd buy it to knock up crab salad as I don't buy mayo and usually use salad cream & ketchup to make a marie rose sauce for my crab salads ... but it'd be price dependent and would have to compare well with cheapo salad cream & ketchup, which it probably can't do.

Own brand Marie Rose sauce would probably be a cheaper option.
  • phryne
    phryne Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    I think my mother used to mix ketchup with mayo to make a prawn cocktail, though it might have been salad cream, I can't quite recall.

As for it being cheaper to buy separately, it's hard to say without knowing what Mayochup will cost?
  • RicardaRacoon
    Options
    I would not buy it, I'd rather mix it up myself to have the ratio I want.

About 20 years ago Heinz or whoever tried to introduce a Ketchup and mayo mix as "Ketchmy" to Switzerland and they gave out free samplers at the zoo (pester power....) We kids tried it straight from the packaging on the way home and thought it was rather strange... We'd find stray samplers of "Ketchmy" all over the car for months as a constant reminder... As far I know it never made it into the shops...
    Fashion on the Ration 2022: 5/66 coupons used: yarn for summer top 5 /
    Note to self, don't buy yarn!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family