IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Yet another Parking fine thread

Options
First of all Hi to all that reads this thread!

I've got another hospital parking fine question for you all.

A bit of a background. I'm a staff nurse at ......Trust. Now this trust is notorious for not having enough parking space for staff or patients. I received a parking fine probably back in Feb or March its been so long I completely forgot now. I got it for not parking in a 'bay', funny thing is I have parked in this same spot for more than 1 year and not received a single parking fine (which is not in a bay, not obstructing vehicles, and theres 5 more cars that does it too). On the day I received the parking fine, i knew it was the day I will get one because a litter picker working for the trust told me not to park there (on the same spot) as I can get towed etc. Of course I ignored his advise because who has the time to waste and be late for your shift. And voila! A parking fine displayed on my windshield after my 12 hours shift.
I came back the next day and found people parking on the same spot and not a single car had a parking fine.

Initially I was going to pay the £25 but by the time I start and finish work the parking office is already close. They demaded to pay in cash which I found dodgy. Therefore after the 14 days period I decided not to pay it and see what they'll do.

Few months later, I receive a letter from Trethowans saying I owe this trust money, not even under my name! But my mothers name since the car is under hers. My mum has not lived the country for more that 1 year. After reading from forums of course they told me to ignore it in which I did. Few more threatening letters through mails later saying theyll take us to court etc. I still ignored it (still under my mothers name and the I amount I owe keeps increasing each letter and still want me to pay either by cash or cheque) . Now I have a 'Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control' creditor is under the name of the hospital trust and debtor under my mums name. Its saying if I dont pay the county court the money the bailiff will call and may remove some goods. Again asking ne to pay cash or cheque.

Now my question is do I carry on ignoring it or do I take action yet? We dont even own that car anymore we sold it back in April.

Sorry for the lengthy post!

Comments

• Ahhjerlii
    Options
    Ohh and just to add, theres no contact or information of who the bailiff is. Just information on who and where to pay.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 September 2018 at 3:14PM
    Options
    We dont even own that car anymore we sold it back in April.
    Irrelevant.
    After reading from forums of course they told me to ignore it in which I did.
    Errrrm, not here, nor pepipoo posters. No-one would have said that since 2013.

Who ON EARTH told you to ignore a private PCN from a Hospital, are they mad?
    Now I have a 'Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control' creditor is under the name of the hospital trust and debtor under my mums name. Its saying if I don't pay the county court the money the bailiff will call and may remove some goods.
    She (or whoever is at the property) ignored a court claim then...OMG.

Sounds like she has a CCJ, but she lives abroad. Does she own the house & contents? They can seize her goods unless the people there can show they own it all. Your employer has caused all this. Terrible.

Show us this Warrant of Control (cover personal data). Host a picture in DROPBOX.

Is it over £600, or less?

I blame whoever told you to ignore the stupid thing. NO PARKING FORUM DOES.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is it with all these "fine" threads today...?
  • Ahhjerlii
    Options
    After you said that I just realised that yes most of the people that said to ignore it was from post back in 2013 but other pages not mse or pepipoo have carried on ignoring their letters.

She owns the house but the content is a mixture of ours and her husband's.

Not sure how to host a drop box but I've tried attaching a link to the picture of the notice but it doesn't let me since I'm new. Its currently asking me for £270.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Is it addressed to you or the keeper of the car who lives abroad?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Host your image at eg Dropbox.

Then post a disguised link. Eg replace http with hxxp
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,743 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ahhjerlii wrote: »
    Not sure how to host a drop box but I've tried attaching a link to the picture of the notice but it doesn't let me since I'm new.

Post something like this:
    dropbox.com/s/xvqu3bask5m0zir/whatever your filename is?dl=0

I.e. leave off the stuff at the front.
  • Ahhjerlii
    Options
    It is addressed to the person living abroad so how can this person even defend her self with all these claims? Unless I pretend to be my mother.

hxxps://ibb.co/et0JEz
    try this? Ive replaced the tt with xx
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope she is not the owner of any other cars outside? They could be clamped.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Seems a lot of faff for £270. Could you post up a pic of the WoC with personal details off.

WoC for such small amounts are unusual.
    My mum has not lived the country for more that 1 year.
    Trethowans work for Aintree and if the defendant didn't respond to the paperwork as she was out of the country, a set aside is highly likely. It can be done by mail/email. The set-aside hearing will be an issue but there is no reason that this could not be done on papers too.

As the OP is a stranger to proceedings, it will all have to be done in mum's name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure