PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 15 September 2018

O/S Daily Saturday 15 September 2018

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.

Comments

• Good morning all

Looks bright and sunny here so will try and go out, maybe for a coffee.

My thoughts are with the TA's

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone

silver-oldie - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now dressed after showering and just finished brekkie, menfolk all still in bed. I'm working this morning. DS2 will catch a lift with me to go to the gym.

Dinner last night was egg, bacon, sausage, black pudding, saute new potatoes, mushrooms and beans - all eaten - DH moaned, we've had words, he's having a tantrum. I've said nothing and will go about doing what I need too.

Tonight's food will be breaded chicken goujons, pizza, salad, either new potatoes or jackets, or I may do a rice dish.

I did get the big pile of ironing done, and some washing line dried as it turned out to be an ok day here weatherwise. I'll see if there's enough to put another load in and that can go out later.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :)

Feel I ought to whisper as its really quiet in here. Sad to see less and less of our regulars posting these days hopefully its a time of year thing as we need our gang of merry women (and Specky :D)

Well my big mind list worked to a point so crazy dreams were a bit less last night but like clockwork I was awake at 4.13 precisely with some missing items.

I was working till nearly midnight last night so a bit out of sorts today but did manage to convince them to start an hour earlier from next week so at least I can get to bed a bit earlier.

Gorgeous blue sky here today so will get the washing out when its done. Age Uk call and of course James ' for breakfast on the books.

Usual thoughts go to TA Have a great day if you can and as Brucie would say Keeeeeeep posting :D
  • Morning All

I had a great nights sleep, 9 hours and feel very refreshed this morning. I put the winter quilt on last night, wasn't as hot as I thought I would be. Summer quilt has been washed and is hanging on the bannister to dry.

Quite a grey day here, could go either way, hope it stays dry. I really need to do some tidying up in the garden but either don't have time while it's light or its raining.

Off to yoga this morning then DD will be picking me up for a trip to Stirling, we'll meet DS1 as it's about half way and go for something to eat. It's OHs anniversary and DD likes us to go out.

Hope everyone's well, hugs to the poorlies and carers. Have a good holiday Speky.

Take care. XX
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 15 September 2018 at 8:57AM
    Good morning all.

I've been awake since 6am. My internal clock wakes me at the same time every morning even though I don't need to be awake!

Today is a BIG DAY. For the first time since 16 June my DM is coming along to do her own shopping. :j I shall be able to retire to my corner in the cafe whilst she bimbles around - can't imagine it'll be a full blown looking-at-every-single-item kind of outing as she'll be whacked pretty soon. It's a start.

After that I'll head up the road pretty smart'ish as a storm is meant to be heading in. I brought wood in last week in case it's needed, don't want to have to go out in the pouring rain.

Last night I caught up with two episodes of Press and one of No Offence. Thoroughly enjoyed them all. Fell asleep during Mock the Week. :rotfl:

Camelot - hope you enjoy Stirling and spending time with your family.

Thoughts to TAs. Happy Saturday to all.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Same Nelski - I miss some of the regulars. I hope you're ok Holly and are just staying at your brothers for a few days.

Gers, what a determined woman your mother is, most people wouldn't have the grit to do what she's done in her 90's, I'm filled with admiration.

Steve had his biopsy yesterday i will take 7 - 10 days for the results, hopefully just confirming the lymphoma and nothing else.

We have Ziggypup with us until tomorrow night so lots of walks on the agenda.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one. Thinking, as always, of the TA's.

OH slept ok, woke around 4am I gave him more pain killers, he is now on the washing the mouth out with salt water to aid the socket to heal. If he needs them will give him some more painkillers later.

Its a bright but cool morning, Fire is laid ready to light this evening, I had the heater on in the bedroom for an hour before the CA came to get OH up, washed and dressed.

Gardener here later this morning to cut the grass, the beans have fallen over again, so I will ask him to cut the roots off, leave them in the soil and stick the rest of the stuff in the compost bin. Not sure if there are any more tomato's will have a wander up the garden shortly to see. The soil is still very dry, I need to sort out the plants and re arrange the nursery bed for the winter and also pot up a couple of geraniums to over winter in the sitting room. Plants for free next year............

Supper tonight, sausage, mash and mixed veg for supper. I have a banana for dessert with ice cream for OH, I will just eat mine from the skin.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:
    It's a bright and sunny morning here. I had lots of sleep so I feel slightly more human which is good as I have felt pretty awful over the last week.

I have a very excited Lee as he is waiting to be picked up by his friend and they are off to comic con. He is dressed up and hoping to get lots of photos and autographs. We have talked about how to cope if it all gets a bit overwhelming and I just hope he manages to have a brilliant day. He has been longing to go for a few years now so I hope it lives up to his expectations.

I have had my hands full teaching Lee this week. I think it is going ok, Lee certainly seems a lot happier and I am loving spending so much time with him. Phoebe is still looking for work and she is going to have to be a lot more proactive as financially it is starting to bite. Lilly is hoping to go to Rome in the Spring as part of her Classics course at college. I have applied for a passport for her and she has saved up to pay for the trip. She is a bit disappointed that her best friend isn't going but I am sure she will have a brilliant time anyway.

Steve is in charge of domestics today so I will be mostly sitting on my bum and either knitting or cross stitching. I also downloaded all the Harry Potter books onto my kindle and I am re reading them. It is certainly a lot easier holding a kindle than a great big heavy book but I do love the smell and feel of a new book.

Well that is all from me for now. Hope the worried and poorly feel better soon, Sending out great big hugs to all of you, take care xx
  • Morning all and thank you for starting the thread silver-oldie.

I am sitting about with a cup of tea but will be going out soon as I want to get a birthday gift for OH.

I'm a bit tired as I only slept for 3 hours, git up and eventually dropped off on the sofa, where I had a dream about animal husbandry. I think I might have had a similar one before.

I hope Holly is ok, and I too kiss regulars who seem to be here less - hopefully they are just too busy.

I have washing on the line - it is lovely here, crisp and sunny. OH has just returned with the weekly shopping and he's putting that away.

Thinking of the TAs and others who may not be in a good place.

Speky, enjoy your holiday!
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • :wave: Good morning, Oldstylers - bright morning here on the outskirts of Scouseland :j. Just hoping that it stays with us.

Enjoy your trip to Stirling, camelot1001 - I was there, for the first time, a few weeks ago. We stayed in the Youth Hostel by the Castle and visited a delightful 'Cat Cafe' :j.

DGD2 is still in hospital :( - currently waiting for her Nebuliser treatment and then a review by the Doc. Hoping that she'll be coming home later :).

DGD1 going back to Leeds Uni this afternoon and she'd asked me for a 'Banana & Choc Chip Loaf-style Cake' - it's currently sitting in the oven 'doing its thing', and I'm watching the timer. They'll collect it as they're leaving this afternoon :D. It's lovely to see them all grown-up and making their own way in life - but still worry myself silly about her .......................... even though she's got into Uni (now in 2nd year) she's still a bit of an 'air-head' :rotfl:

Two loads of laundry done and about to be put onto the washing line for the day. Nothing too heavy, so it should all dry - including the last couple of summer skirts and tops :j.

No plans to go out anywhere today, which makes quite a change.

Just checked the cake at 50mins - looks as though it needs another 10mins - the recipe DID say to bake for 1hr ................. :T :D . It's a 'Mary Berry' one (with added choc chips) and first time I've used it - looks like it could become my 'regular one' from now on ;)! Wtg, Mary :j!

Sending ((((Healing Hugs)))) and prayers for all who need them !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure