Missing kitchen parts - section 75?? Help

Options
Hi guys
I took delivery of my B&Q kitchen at the end of July and was advised one day before that that a section of worktop would be delayed. Due to the short notice my old kitchen had already been ripped out. Joiner went ahead and fitter what he could. Since then I have had a few dates for delivery and then short notice cancellations. Apparently their supplier is letting them down. I paid for the kitchen in full by cc and am sick of the
Poor
Service. Do I have a section 75 claim? Advices greatly
Appreciated.
Thanks
OM

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You have the same rights against the card issuer as with the retailer.

Given it's not a straightforward case, I would stick with the retailer.
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    It is my understanding that the goods have to be 'fit for purpose'. As the supplied kitchen is clearly not 'fit for purpose', then I believe you would have a s75 claim.

Have you tried getting a refund from the supplier (B&Q)?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Theres absolutely no need for a s75 claim.

Do you want the worktop or your money? If you want the worktop it sounds like you might have to wait a s75 claim isnt going to get it to you sooner. If you want the money, just ask for a refund.

For what its worth, B&Q will refuse any liability of your workers starting before delivery of all the goods. Theyre well aware supplier issues can leave them open to liability so cover that in there terms and conditions.

That said if you act reasonably its not normally too difficult to get offered a discount to compensate for the poor service.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    Your first port of call should be to complain to the retailer. Under section 75 the credit company is jointly liable with the original seller but in my experience lenders usually stipulate that you exhaust the retailers complaints process first. Keep in mind that a s75 claim will only get you your money back, it will not get the job done any faster. As you've said it is a supply issue, then that is (presumably) out of B&Q's control so not much that you can do here. You might get some compensation for your trouble if you want to go down that route, which you wont get from s75 so keep that in mind
  • Only_me_3
    Options
    I want the worktop but the customer service has been atttrocious. So frustrating living with half a kitchen especially with kids in the house
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Theres absolutely no need for a s75 claim.

Do you want the worktop or your money? If you want the worktop it sounds like you might have to wait a s75 claim isnt going to get it to you sooner. If you want the money, just ask for a refund.

For what its worth, B&Q will refuse any liability of your workers starting before delivery of all the goods. Theyre well aware supplier issues can leave them open to liability so cover that in there terms and conditions.

That said if you act reasonably its not normally too difficult to get offered a discount to compensate for the poor service.
  • jimbo26
    Options
    There seems to be a habit of jumping straight to sec 75. As others have suggested I would deal with B&Q in the first instance.
  • Ask for a refund and order it from somewhere else
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Only_me wrote: »
    I want the worktop but the customer service has been atttrocious. So frustrating living with half a kitchen especially with kids in the house
    If the customer service has been appalling, and it has negatively effected your family life, then you should make a written complaint about this to B&Q by post. They should offer you compensation, especially given the length of the delay. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Only_me wrote: »
    If the customer service has been appalling, and it has negatively effected your family life, then you should make a written complaint about this to B&Q by post. They [STRIKE]should[/STRIKE] could offer you compensation, especially given the length of the delay. :)

I can imagine B&Q will take the stance that the OP shouldnt have started work until all the goods had been recieved. Theres no obligation for compensation. They have a right to the goods or a refund and thats it.

A reasonable and productive complaint will increase the chances of recompense in my experience.

If the only complaint is not receiving the goods and not things like no communication surrounding failed deliveries, or ordering the wrong parts and were literally only talking a supplier issue, theres not really bad customer service per se thats things outside B&Qs immediate control. I appreciate its far from ideal but again B&Q will say the work shouldn't have been started until the goods arrived.
  • normanna
    Options
    Ask B&Q to refund the price of the worktop and buy elsewhere - maybe ask for a bit more back for the inconvenience. Not ideal scenario but suggest being pragmatic about it - then you'll have full use of the kitchen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure