TSB customer? You may need to check your credit file is up to date - MSE News

Options
TSB customers should urgently check their credit scores after the bank admitted there were delays updating the credit references following its major IT problems in April...
Read the full story:
'TSB customer? You may need to check your credit file is up to date'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My TSB credit-report entries have been stuck since April. It seems too much of a coincidence to believe it had nothing to do with its IT problems which started at the same time.

As for checking scores, I haven't wasted my time - it just happens to be displayed as soon as I open my report. I prefer to ignore it and move on to the detailed entries.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • sat_mad
    sat_mad Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    I noticed the other week that my TSB credit card wasn't updating on my credit report (I no longer possess it).

Contacted Experian to see if it could be updated, but they didn't want to know, so will just have to wait for TSB to pull their finger out I guess.
  • Skippy13
    Skippy13 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I closed my TSB account and it's still showing as active on my credit files. They've also managed to send me a debit card for a presumably new account (different account number to the closed one) so I've complained about both issues.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I shifted my balance to a new card, so now it looks as though I have double the credit card debt. Last update from TSB was 31st May.

I very much doubt the August data will be available in early September when they still haven't sent June or July data.
  • PrettyFlower90
    Options
    To be honest, I find this article written for MSE to be a bit poor. Our credit "scores" are mostly irrelevant. It's the information on our credit report or file that is the most important aspect! Yet this article constantly refers to "check your credit score". Think this author needs to read MSE's own advice online.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To be honest, I find this article written for MSE to be a bit poor. Our credit "scores" are mostly irrelevant. It's the information on our credit report or file that is the most important aspect! Yet this article constantly refers to "check your credit score". Think this author needs to read MSE's own advice online.

I agree no idea why they are constantly talking about Credit Scores, its the actual credit report people should be checking not the scores.
  • HornetSaver
    HornetSaver Posts: 3,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My credit score on the MSE Credit club was excellent until April, and has been in the yellow since May.

I did have some significant changes at the very end of 2017 (a mortgage, several new utility accounts, and switched bank account the month *after* I went into the yellow), but absolutely nothing at the sort of time it changed. Hadn't actually clocked the potential link until now, despite having been kept fully informed of the story.

Fortunately for TSB I have not had any need for credit - though I will in the coming months as I look to build up a bit of a stooze.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My credit score on the MSE Credit club was excellent until April, and has been in the yellow since May.

Thank goodness the score is made up!
  • HornetSaver
    Options
    Thank goodness the score is made up!

Good grief.

The entire point of credit scoring is that it is intended to mimic lenders' interpretation of risk. Is that score worth paying a significant amount of money for? No.

Is a decline something to be flippantly dismissed? Not without an understanding of what might make you an increased risk.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    edited 1 September 2018 at 4:14PM
    Options
    Just for information, I noticed from my latest Noddle credit report that they will now produce them at weekly intervals. I don't know if this is universally the case but could be handy where things like TSB are concerned and if you have made any recent credit applications or missed any payments.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure