No monthly offers from Barclaycard?

I've had a Barclaycard Reward card for around two years now, and they've usually offered me a money transfer and/or balance transfer each month. To a point I've often joked about them constantly forcing me to become a customer when I already am one.

I've taken them up on the offer last July when money was tight at the time but it was soon paid back in September. I've managed to build up a good reputation with them over the last few years and they've even increased my limit to £10,000.

Now I'm currently looking to make a large purchase and would like to make one of the money transfers so that I can use my AMEX card for points and then pay it off in full, paying the CC off in monthly instalments. And it's just typical that this is the first and only month that Barclaycard aren't giving me any offers!

Is there any reason behind this? And/Or will the option be there available soon?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You're not in their target market for this month, but may be in future.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My Barclaycard has not had any offers for months - you could call their customer service line and see if there are any offers they can offer you.
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    You're not in their target market for this month, but may be in future.

How do they usually work out their target market as such? Credit references perhaps?
  • [Deleted User]
    In part. Also previous usage, profitability, cohort profiling and so on.
  • Jlawson118
    In part. Also previous usage, profitability, cohort profiling and so on.

Oh right! So just one last thing I'm wondering about whilst I've started this thread. I currently have the First Direct BT card, opened it around April time with 27 months at 0%.

In April I transferred around £2000 to it, now there's a balance of £700. With approximately 23 months left at '0%' if I was to make a second BT, would that join in with the 0% or would I start generating interest?
  • [Deleted User]
    If the promo window is still open, then you would get the 0% offer.

But the period to transfer within is not always the same length as the promo period itself.
  • Jlawson118
    If the promo window is still open, then you would get the 0% offer.

But the period to transfer within is not always the same length as the promo period itself.

Right okay, I'd have to give them a ring and find out :) I can't see anything about a window on their website which I've noticed before on other offers, so I might just transfer the balance to there without worrying about Barclaycard
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    In the First Direct Visa T&C's it states

*The rate for balance transfers is 0% interest for 27 months when you make a balance transfer within three months of opening your account.

So if it is more than 3 months since opening the account, any more BT's will no longer be at 0%
  • If you have already opened a new card this year and used it for a balance transfer their systems might have picked this up through the CRA's and a business decision (all done by computers so nothing personal) not to offer you anything for now.
    It might change again in the future.
  • barclaycard has an internal scoring system basis your account performance like repayments, debt ratio, etc.

If your score is not high then you may not get an offer

However recently they are offering BT at the purchase rate of your card. Ring them coz its an internal offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure