PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I couldn't manage without Sainsbugs online home delivery, seriously. I did try Asda but they were always late, stuff was out of stock or with stupid substitutes, etc. so I went back to Sainsbugs. Never had a single problem with them yet.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    Thanks for the links Softstuff I will save them for when I have got to the weight I want to be. Have been doing this way of eating for about 6 weeks and have lost over a stone, I can now see a glimmer of a waist :D A long way to go, but it's a start :j

Huge congratulations for that weight loss. A stone is a huge amount of weight, when I'd lost that I lined up the equivalent in weight in groceries on the dining table. Quite motivating! I'm afraid though, that I included cake from the beginning.... even if I skipped a meal to keep the calories down :rotfl:
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Completely random report - this morning I tried a hair treatment I haven't done for ages and it worked well. I used a foaming tea tree face wash on all but the ends of my hair, rubbing it into dry hair, smoothed a little argan oil onto the ends, then washed all off at once with fairly hot water.

My hair smells lovely and is very clean and shiny. It feels really silky :)

Softstuff, I will check out those recipes 'cos I am planning a cake (or more likely a traybake) that I can take on a family picnic at the end of Sept. My low carb desserts are confined to 85% dark chocolate or sugar-free jelly or rhubarb with cream atm :rotfl:

Well done Islandmaid, that's great!!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MMF, I would never have thought to do that that with face wash. Interesting.

I serve the cake with blueberries (I use frozen and defrost them) or fresh strawberries and double cream (or in my husbands case, lactose free cream cheese). Even those folk extremely skeptical of this way of eating love that cake.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Delurking to say, your yoghurt prices are cheap! Our greek yogurt is usually $3.33 for four 100 gram pots or the 1.75 kilo tub is $13.90.

I don't understand how they price things. They jump from week to week.

All I've got to add is ingrown toenail removed. Hurts like hades. Finally wore shoes for the first time in two weeks. The rest of the time has been the ultra fashionable crocs.
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Delurking to say, your yoghurt prices are cheap! Our greek yogurt is usually $3.33 for four 100 gram pots or the 1.75 kilo tub is $13.90.

I don't understand how they price things. They jump from week to week.

All I've got to add is ingrown toenail removed. Hurts like hades. Finally wore shoes for the first time in two weeks. The rest of the time has been the ultra fashionable crocs.
    Ow speedy recovery Wondercollie xx
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all from a bizarre B&B room in northest of North West Welsh Wales (i am in Holyhead...) The room is long and thin with a double bed lengthwise in the middle of it, and it has a bunk bed over the top... there is barely room to swing a cat... Still it's perfectly clean and decent and breakfast is good.

we are walking the Wales coast path and so did 12 miles yesterday from Holyhead to Treaddur bay. Holyhead is sadly neglected (decided understatement that is) but the scenery only a short distance out is absolutely stunning. Especially around South Stack Lighthouse... Today is Treaddur bay to ... somewhere :) before we make the long train journey back. It may be a case of 'see how far we get' but will be 9 or 10 miles. Today will take us over the 200 miles (out of 865 :eek:):T

And the best thing of all is that it isn't raining, despite the forecast last week and looks set to stay dry.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Mrs LW if you ever need to rely on supermarket deliveries I can vouch for the Tesco deliveries that come from the stores in Gloucester. I have needed to use a delivery service for the last couple of years and Tesco have been very good. On the rare occasion that there has been a problem their customer service has sorted it out quickly.
    In an attempt to reduce my bill I am currently trialing Asda. I've only had one delivery from them so it's far to early to compare. If they fall short I will go back to Tesco because they have given me good service.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    VJsmum Have a lovely day. So glad that your strange room is at least clean :)

Wondercollie I can empathize with the sore toe, but when it has healed it will all be worth it. i had mine done a few years ago but they didn't remove the whole nail, just the sides. (Sorry if TMI for other readers!)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Bucketing down rain here- nothing worse in this life than a wet Sunday in Scotland.............
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback