Plusnet Grrrrrr

Options
We both took out some deals with Plusnet approx 3 months back, on receiving the SIM cards we found the signal was very poor where we lived,it wouldn't work indoors and was almost as bad outside. After discussing this with Pluset on the same day we received the SIM cards they agreed to cancel them both and refunded our deposits. We are still getting bills from them, mine keeps either telling me I am in credit and no payments will be taken, my partner's keeps telling her that she has not paid and they keep adding it on every month. They also say log on to check our accounts,we have tried and as I thought it doesn't recognise either of us. I have tried several times to call,but keep being kept on hold in long queues,which I am paying for. On the website they give the option of writing your complaint and sending it by post,where they PROMISE to respond by email or letter within 10 days,that's been about 28 days now with no response. We both know we have no accounts,there is no direct debit set up,if we had accounts we would have been receiving threatning letters by now demanding payment and stopping the SIM card . I see they have been in trouble recently with customers accounts. Do I just ignore these emails,or do I go to the ombudsman,it may sound trivial,but it's very annoying,and points to a very shambolic accounts department. We have been broadband users with them for about 5 years now with no issues at all, and are now also thinking of moving that as well,as this issue and there awful customer service has annoyed us so much. What would you do, and NO I WONT PHONE THEM.

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can't go to the ADR scheme until 56 days after your formal complaint unless Plusnet issue a deadlock letter.

I would advise not ignoring financial matters, after all, it is your credit record being threatened here.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've tried that, but they wont discuss it online, want me to phone, that would be ok if I had a Plusnet account as its free, Why should I be kept in long queues paying for it. if you read there complaints procedure they give the option of writing to them and say they will reply in 10 days max. I do think that surely as no money has ever been paid by either of us for these mobile accounts in approx. 4 months, and they refunded our initial up front payments the day after they closed the accounts that by now we would have had some sort of legal or threatening letters. The accounts don't exist as we have tried to log on using the details supplied. there a complete and utter shambles,.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I cant see how its affecting our credit score, there not threating action, no payments have ever been made in almost 4 months now, we never made any calls. How can they say they are not taking any payment from my account as its in credit, when its never been used, and NO money has ever been paid into it. My partner gets the opposite, she has never used it, but they keep asking for payments, and again this has been on going for almost 4 months, surley if we owed money they would stop the sim cards, which they
    never mention
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 6 August 2018 at 10:38PM
    Options
    Deneva wrote: »
    I cant see how its affecting our credit score, there not threating action, no payments have ever been made in almost 4 months now, we never made any calls. How can they say they are not taking any payment from my account as its in credit, when its never been used, and NO money has ever been paid into it. My partner gets the opposite, she has never used it, but they keep asking for payments, and again this has been on going for almost 4 months, surley if we owed money they would stop the sim cards, which they
    never mention

Well according to them, your partner owes them money. That's how it could affect their credit report. Has your partner checked their credit report recently? They don't have to send letters or threaten action so it could easily be reported on there as an outstanding account.

You can use Clearscore (Equifax), Noddle (Callcredit) and MSE Credit Club (Experian) to access your report for free. No need to pay for any of them.

They may well have stopped the sim cards. But you wouldn't be aware if they have or not as you haven't used them for 4 months.

You say

NO I WONT PHONE THEM.

want me to phone, that would be ok if I had a Plusnet account as its free, Why should I be kept in long queues paying for it.

But is IS free to call. Whether you have an account or not. From their website...
    Customer support
    • 0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)
    • +44 345 140 0200 (from abroad)
    7.30am - 10pm, every day
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you're refusing to interact with them your case will go badly when it gets to the ADR. The ADR expects you to have tried to solve the issue not refuse to contact them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure