Ryanair - Baggage allowance / priority boarding refund

Options
Hi all,
Hope somebody can assist on here because Ryanair has just made me very unhappy.

This morning i booked 6 people priority boarding has an extra to my flight because i found the baggage allowance misleading.

After taking out priority board i realised i do not require it and contacted there LIVE CHAT and was informed i cannot cancel because there is no policy and obtain a refund for this. Is this correct around the refund ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, they are correct. See article 10.1 of their conditions of carriage.
  • MrPuzzle
    Options
    Great...
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    <there is no policy and obtain a refund for this. Is this correct around the refund ?>

There is a policy. It is simply not to refund these extras if you change your mind.

You can still benefit from the priority boarding.
  • Macbennett
    Options
    The same thing has happened to me. I am really not happy about it. You must be able to do something, it is very misleading, they shouldn't be able to do this surely?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Macbennett wrote: »
    The same thing has happened to me. I am really not happy about it. You must be able to do something, it is very misleading, they shouldn't be able to do this surely?
    Previously stated:
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Yes, they are correct. See article 10.1 of their conditions of carriage.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

How so?

I think the Ryanair site is probably one of the most simplistic and easy to use ones out there.

Like all online purchases, you just need to take care and read what you are selecting and buying.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    From the Ryanair website:
    https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage#0-1
    Important: Ryanair Cabin Bag Policy

What you CAN bring on board
    • All passengers are entitled to bring 1 small personal bag on board which must fit under the seat in front of you (35cm x 20cm x 20cm). Examples include, handbag, laptop bag and small back pack.
    • Passengers who have purchased "Priority & 2 Cabin Bags" or Plus/Flexi/Family ticket or connecting flight ticket can bring 1 additional 10kg bag on board which must fit into the baggage sizer (not exceeding 10kg and dimensions 55cm x 40cm x 20cm).
    • Passengers who choose not to purchase ”Priority & 2 Cabin Bags” and arrive at the gate with 2 bags, your second larger bag (10kg weight Dimensions: 55cm x 40cm x 20cm) will be taken off you, tagged and placed in the aircraft hold free of charge. Please ensure all valuables are removed. You will collect this bag at the baggage belt at your destination airport. (N.B. Remember to bring your passport with you if yoiu need to go through passport control at your destination airport.)
    • Priority & 2 Cabin Bags costs €5 if purchased at the time of the initial flight booking. If added via Manage my Booking facility on our website or via the Ryanair app (up to 40 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time) the fee is €6.
    I really can't see what is misleading in the above.

You either are happy with just a small bag or you want to take a smaller bag and a larger bag so you pay for 'priority & 2 cabin bags'.

Maybe I am misunderstanding post #5.
    Perhaps the poster can explain.
  • Macbennett
    Options
    I know how to check up on baggage allowances, and there is no need to be so judgemental.
    The reason why i am so annoyed is when i was in the process of booking flights, it came up with the option of priority & 2 cabin bags, £6pp each way, this option looked good value as it states you can take 2 cabin bags onto the plane with you. NOWHERE does it state you can take a small bag and place a cabin bag in the hold for free!
    my family booking consists of 5 adults and 2 children aged 6 &7. I booked 5 priority passes and paid for a checked bag for my children so they wouldnt have to cart their bags onto a plane.
    when checking baggage allowances after purchasing, it is then clear what you can actually take without having to purchase priority.
    i was mislead into priority as this was the only option that was available to me for me to take a cabin bag.
    I dont want anyone to fall for the same mistake and its clear someone already has, it is wrong that only part of the information is given when booking.
    If anyone knows how i can report this then i would like to know, i am unable to find any email addresses for ryan air, web chat is useless, numerous phone calls that advisors have just hung up on.
    Ryan Air should not take any money for services that will not be used or not suitable for their customers, end of.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 August 2018 at 1:37PM
    Options
    So you did not know what the standard free hand luggage allowance is?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    I know how to check up on baggage allowances, and there is no need to be so judgemental.
    The reason why i am so annoyed is when i was in the process of booking flights, it came up with the option of priority & 2 cabin bags, £6pp each way, this option looked good value as it states you can take 2 cabin bags onto the plane with you. NOWHERE does it state you can take a small bag and place a cabin bag in the hold for free!
    my family booking consists of 5 adults and 2 children aged 6 &7. I booked 5 priority passes and paid for a checked bag for my children so they wouldnt have to cart their bags onto a plane.
    when checking baggage allowances after purchasing, it is then clear what you can actually take without having to purchase priority.
    i was mislead into priority as this was the only option that was available to me for me to take a cabin bag.
    I dont want anyone to fall for the same mistake and its clear someone already has, it is wrong that only part of the information is given when booking.
    If anyone knows how i can report this then i would like to know, i am unable to find any email addresses for ryan air, web chat is useless, numerous phone calls that advisors have just hung up on.
    Ryan Air should not take any money for services that will not be used or not suitable for their customers, end of.
    I'm not sure if it's me you are accusing of being judgemental.
    I did not intend to be.
    Your initial post was somewhat sketchy on details.

It's just that if it were me - prior to starting the booking process for any airline ticket, I'd check the hand/hold luggage policies, whether you can prebook seats for free or have to pay, whether it has online check-in etc.
    So I'd already know that with Ryanair you can choose not to pay for 'priority and 2 cabin bags' and have your bigger bag put in the hold for free by the time the option popped up during the booking process.

The information is there to be read so I'm not sure that you'll get anywhere with your complaint.

Sorry, I can't help with contact details to report this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure