Options

Comments

• newatc
    newatc Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    As the post below you proves :rotfl:

We've stayed in PI scores of times and sometime have poor sleeps but have only claimed against the guarantee on the one occasion I mentioned because it was extreme.
    I suppose I could have gone back and returned half the refund but clearly I'm not as perfect as you.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    newatc wrote: »
    We've stayed in PI scores of times and sometime have poor sleeps but have only claimed against the guarantee on the one occasion I mentioned because it was extreme.
    I suppose I could have gone back and returned half the refund but clearly I'm not as perfect as you.

I am not perfect (miles from it)

I would just feel uncomfortable if I mislead Premier Inn and claimed that my son had a bad nights sleep to get my hotel room costs refunded when it was not true.

It seems underhand
  • ess0two
    ess0two Posts: 3,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Guarantee is now claimed online,rather than at the hotel reception.
    Official MR B fan club,dont go............................
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ess0two wrote: »
    Guarantee is now claimed online,rather than at the hotel reception.

Ah, yes, I remember now.

That would have suited me better the first time we had a problem. It was in an airport PI, with a new heating/cooling system which it was impossible to fathom in the middle of the night.

We mentioned our horrendous night as we dropped the key card off before our early flight, but were told we should have come down to reception and found someone to do it. Not likely, in pyjamas.

Anyway, we mentioned that the next time we checked in and told about the guarantee. The girl refunded a night then. We had paid considerably more, unfortunately.

We think they are great value - clean and comfortable. Don't often manage one if the £39 rooms, though.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • newatc
    newatc Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I am not perfect (miles from it)

I would just feel uncomfortable if I mislead Premier Inn and claimed that my son had a bad nights sleep to get my hotel room costs refunded when it was not true.

It seems underhand
    Just for the record I didn't mislead (didn't mention my son) and in fact didn't even claim the refund. I told the receptionist and she volunteered the refund which given all the circumstances (which I won't go into here) seemed reasonable compensation. At that point I had no idea my son had amazingly slept well as I think is clear in my original post.
  • EmmyLou30
    EmmyLou30 Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've also only ever claimed once in years of always using PI. Website said air con (or I wouldn't have booked it!) and this was a blatent lie. So after getting no sleep in peak summer heat I claimed as was refunded without issue. I'd rather have had the sleep but good that a company sticks to it's promise as the OP said.
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    the good night sleep thing was not for weekends, I understood it was more aimed at getting business folk onboard through the week. if it's changed that's great because have given it a wide berth since my last w'end
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I used to work for Premier Inn and it used to be a lot wider than now, now it is anything that disturbs your sleep whereas before I think it was if there was anything wrong with the room at all you could claim. I have only claimed once- when OH and I were in a PI in Edinburgh, the catch on the window was broken and there was heavy winds so the window not only banged all night but the noise of the wind howling through the window kept us both awake. we had asked earlier on to be moved but the hotel was full so we could not be. We were refunded without question. I know we used to get a few trying it on when I worked for PI which is why I would never mention it unless it was something pretty major like the Edinburgh incident.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • kay0601
    kay0601 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    I've had one night refunded. Upstairs from us there was someone running back and forth across the room until quarter to 12 which I didn't act on because I assumed they had a hyper kid. Then they went to bed and the creaking was horrendous to the point that the kid woke and started jumping about.

Went downstairs and asked for earplugs but they didn't have. My 4 year old slept, my oh got a couple of hours and I sat up basically all night. They got their message on the website asking for a refund at 04:44. Got a response asking why I didn't speak to reception at which point I told them to look for the sleepy hippo in zig zag pjs and on crutches (6 months pregnant with spd) on their cctv at half 12 and again at 3. They refunded less than an hour later :rotfl:

Should say we stay in PI's 6/7 times a year for a day or two at a time and never had an issue before or since
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I never sleep well for the first night, or two, in a new bed so would never ask for a refund if that were the only problem. However, I shared a PI room with a friend and the sofa-bed was terribly uncomfortable, so neither of us got much sleep (she was uncomfortable, her wriggling disturbed me). Reception refunded the cost without turning a hair (and a duvet folded beneath the sheet sorted out the sofa-bed for the next night.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport