Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 27th Jul 18, 2:46 PM
    • 602Posts
    • 194Thanks
    MSE Callum
    Sainsbury's Bank customers facing long call centre waits following credit card... - MSE News
    • 27th Jul 18, 2:46 PM
    Sainsbury's Bank customers facing long call centre waits following credit card... - MSE News 27th Jul 18 at 2:46 PM
    Sainsbury's Bank customers are reporting wait times of several hours to get through to its call centre - as a delay to customers' credit card statements being sent out has led to its customer service team being inundated with callers...
    Read the full story:
    'Sainsbury's Bank customers facing long call centre waits following credit card statement delays'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • schiff
    • By schiff 27th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    • 18,697 Posts
    • 10,092 Thanks
    schiff
    • 27th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    • 27th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    My statement date is July 3rd. Apart from being able to check everything online, I have received two copies of the paper statement!
    So far, so good.

Last month they made a mess of my DD, requiring me to pay separately, but took the responsibility. Fortunately I monitor all my DDs to ensure they have worked OK. My CC with them is a spend now, pay later card with £2K debt on it, so it concerned me as at the time I wasn't sure who was at fault.

The next DD is on Monday, so we'll see what that brings!

What are so many finance houses suffering problems!! Who do we blame - Russia? Trump?
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 27th Jul 18, 5:33 PM
    • 2,293 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    Ian011
    • 27th Jul 18, 5:33 PM
    • 27th Jul 18, 5:33 PM
    If you are calling the bank, make sure you use the official 03 or 080 number found on the official website.

Do NOT be tempted into calling any of the premium rate 084, 087 or 09 numbers listed on a variety of unofficial websites. Those numbers are all scams and will cost a huge amount to call.

It is at tmes like this that large numbers of people fall victim to the "call connection service" scam. Don't be one of them.
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 27th Jul 18, 6:41 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    ozaz
    • 27th Jul 18, 6:41 PM
    • 27th Jul 18, 6:41 PM
    I had issues with my most recent direct debit. My June statement indicated that the direct debit was set to £0.00 even though I'd been paying by direct debit for several months. Furthermore, this was at odds with my online setting which was for a fixed amount (£100). I raised this inconsistency through their secure messaging system about 3 weeks before the due date and was assured the online setting was correct and would be taken on the due date. Surprise, surprise nothing was taken on the due date and now I've been charged a missed payment fee in my July statement, and I assume I've incurred some penalty interest too - but not really clear from the statement. I messaged them through the online messaging system on 24th to request they revoke any missed payment penalties but haven't heard back.

Last month they made a mess of my DD, requiring me to pay separately, but took the responsibility. Fortunately I monitor all my DDs to ensure they have worked OK. My CC with them is a spend now, pay later card with £2K debt on it, so it concerned me as at the time I wasn't sure who was at fault.
    Originally posted by schiff
    How did you communicate with them to resolve this?
    Did you need to escalate it in any way?
    • schiff
    • By schiff 27th Jul 18, 7:58 PM
    • 18,697 Posts
    • 10,092 Thanks
    schiff
    • 27th Jul 18, 7:58 PM
    • 27th Jul 18, 7:58 PM
    I phoned. They told me I would not suffer any penalty etc. They took the blame, entirely. Kept a note of the MOS's name and the date of the call. There is no penalty etc on my current statement.

Your problem going the same route will be queuing on the phone.
    • NicG
    • By NicG 30th Jul 18, 8:07 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NicG
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:07 AM
    Incorrect DD
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:07 AM
    Since getting my Sainsbury's credit card at the end of 2017, it's been set up with a Direct Debit that pays 15% of my balance each month. In June, the statement said the DD would be the 15%, but then the amount they took out of my bank was only the minimum payment?! On my July statement, it says my DD is set up to be the minimum amount only. Surely they have to get my permission to change my DD? I was going to call them today but have just seen the stories of their long call waits
    • schiff
    • By schiff 30th Jul 18, 9:21 AM
    • 18,697 Posts
    • 10,092 Thanks
    schiff
    • 30th Jul 18, 9:21 AM
    • 30th Jul 18, 9:21 AM
    My statement date is July 3rd. Apart from being able to check everything online, I have received two copies of the paper statement!
    So far, so good.

The next DD is on Monday, so we'll see what that brings!
    Originally posted by schiff
    Monday has dawned; the due DD has not left my bank and nothing is credited to my card. So far. I'll wait till tomorrow and then take some remedial action.
    • Daerve
    • By Daerve 3rd Aug 18, 12:50 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    Daerve
    • 3rd Aug 18, 12:50 PM
    • 3rd Aug 18, 12:50 PM
    They haven't taken my DD either leading to a late payment of £1.03. Spent three hours yesterday trying to sort it, was told to phone back when the late payment charge appeared on my statement.

Expressed my dissatisfaction that it would potentially affect my credit file and was pretty much told, yeah it might do.

Have sent a complaint but not holding my breath. Possibly worst customer service ever and believe me, Origin Broadband were bad....
    • ozaz
    • By ozaz 4th Aug 18, 11:08 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    ozaz
    • 4th Aug 18, 11:08 AM
    • 4th Aug 18, 11:08 AM
    I had issues with my most recent direct debit. My June statement indicated that the direct debit was set to £0.00 even though I'd been paying by direct debit for several months. Furthermore, this was at odds with my online setting which was for a fixed amount (£100). I raised this inconsistency through their secure messaging system about 3 weeks before the due date and was assured the online setting was correct and would be taken on the due date. Surprise, surprise nothing was taken on the due date and now I've been charged a missed payment fee in my July statement, and I assume I've incurred some penalty interest too - but not really clear from the statement. I messaged them through the online messaging system on 24th to request they revoke any missed payment penalties but haven't heard back.
    Originally posted by ozaz
    Update - I received a message from Sainsbury's Bank on 30th July letting me know that the late payment penalty had been refunded to my account and any negative impacts on my credit files will be removed.

A bit slow (6 days after original message), but preferable to waiting in a call queue.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,047Posts Today

6,048Users online

Martin's Twitter