PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am now completely bemused (what's that I hear, situation normal then?') I was up very early this morning and watching CNN who broadcast footage of Mr. Trumps interview with the Sun newspaper journalist, I watched every word of it and was appalled as I usually am at it's content when Mr. T is speaking. This afternoon Mr. Trump has stood on a podium beside Mrs May, our Prime Minister and called his own televised and I suspect viewed by many of the UK population words as FALSE NEWS. Now he is of an age to be experiencing short term memory loss but I'm not far behind him in number of years on planet earth and I remember every word of that film footage. He IS President of the United States, he is not a magician who can change the past and unsay those damaging words, his calling them false news holds no credence, no truth, no reversing of them, he must think we in the UK are as blind and accepting as those who support him possibly because and not despite all he has done and all that he is but I rather think he is wrong. Not one word can be unsaid and not one word could be forgiven!
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :p I've long thought 'Zaphod Beeblebrox' whenever I've seen DT or heard his infantile widdlings.

The purpose of the role of the President of the Galaxy/ POTUS is to distract attention from the people who are really running the show.

ZB/ DT was superbly good at his job.

Ignore the orange idiot with the combover and the frighteningly plastic-looking glambot companion. They are just the smoke & mirrors, the real power brokers are somewhere deep in their entourage or back home in Washington.

Which was apparently built on a swamp because no one wanted to give up decent land for something as reprehensible as government.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've oft wondered who the 'puppet masters' might be but pray God I never ever find out.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've oft wondered who the 'puppet masters' might be but pray God I never ever find out.
    :p Don't worry, men like that make sure that they are never exposed to the public eye. Which is just as well, or we'd have to call the pest controllers in and clean house properly.:rotfl:
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm glad of it, I can only do what I feel is best in my tiny corner of the world, try to keep that true and right the rest of the world can do it's own thing without any help or input from me. Head down and try your best to make it through the other side is a very good motto, no?
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 July 2018 at 6:24PM
    Options
    Apparently Trump said it was fake news because, he said, the Sun hadn't included any of the nice (and excruciatingly embarrassing) things he'd said about Mrs May. He was then told that in fact they had, so then he said it wasn't fake news after all.....

Interesting about the Hanseatic League that the German cities which used to be members are still allowed to use an "H" in front of their registration plates :), e;g;. HH for Hamburg and HB for Bremen (can't remember the others offhand - maybe HBH for Bremerhaven?
    anyone know?).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mar, what fuel do you burn in your stove?
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Smokeless eggs kittie. Wee grenade shaped thingies.. last for ages, only needs topped up and cleaned once per 24 hours. Good heat. It can burn anything though and we have used ordinary house coal but that is dirtier and doesn't last as long.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    They are just the smoke & mirrors, the real power brokers are somewhere deep in their entourage or back home in Washington.

More likely Moscow...
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I know your fire is on 24/7 mar and you are in a colder climate but about how much do you use in a winter and do you get those smokless eggs delivered in bags?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure