Hilarious finding about Audi drivers

Options

Comments

• droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This completely fits with my perception of Audi drivers as vacuous cretins obsessed with shiny bling but without a brain cell in their heads?

All people who generalise are stupid.

(Yes, btw, two, though neither are all that shiny at the moment.)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ratrace wrote: »
    Why is this such a big deal

Most New cars are bought via some form of finance its the only way manufacturers can sell them despite of the brand, everyone is diffrent and have diffrent goals in life some people want a nice car thats under manufacturer's warranty, want mod cons etc...

75% of all new cars are sold on PCP type deals.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This completely fits with my perception of Audi drivers as vacuous cretins obsessed with shiny bling but without a brain cell in their heads?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/should-rent-next-car/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget
    PCP was mostly used for new vehicles, under four years old, with Audis the most popular choice.

Why am I not surprised that Audi drivers would hock themselves up to the neck to drive an Audi they don't own? Are they (gasp!) a bit shallow and thick?

I guess you don't understand the definition of hilarious?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    This is as hilarious as toothache.
  • fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I love asking people who have spent a fortune on cars technical questions such as "how many cylinders has it got?" or "Is it front wheel drive?". They normally respond with comments like "it's blue".
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    Vacuous cretins? Really?

My missus has a little Audi and she’s not a cretin. She went to university to study hard and now has a good job.

That word...job. Perhaps if you got yourself a job instead of posting on internet forums over 20 times a day during times everyone else is working hard then you could have nice things too.

You utter bafoon.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    edited 12 July 2018 at 6:56PM
    Options
    fred246 wrote: »
    I love asking people who have spent a fortune on cars technical questions such as "how many cylinders has it got?" or "Is it front wheel drive?". They normally respond with comments like "it's blue".

A lot of people neither know nor care, nor is it terribly relevant for them.

My wife likes a fast car. Doesnt really care how many cylinders it has and doesnt buy it because it is FWD or RWD or AWD - and i dont think she could tell you precisely what any of those figures are on her current car, its about how well it drives and whether she likes it.

Her current car is 376BHP, AWD, 4 cylinder, 2.0 litre.

Her last car was 326BHP, RWD, 6 cylinder, 3.7 litre.

So its not like she has a type. :)

Her brother drives a 2018 Jaguar XJ. I think he'd know its a 3 litre diesel but couldnt tell you if its AWD or RWD and maybe might know the number of cylinders. Nice car though
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What is the point of these PCP hire schemes or whatever you call them. Every story I hear is where the hirer is in negative equity.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    docmatt wrote: »
    Vacuous cretins? Really?

My missus has a little Audi and she’s not a cretin. She went to university to study hard and now has a good job.

That word...job. Perhaps if you got yourself a job instead of posting on internet forums over 20 times a day during times everyone else is working hard then you could have nice things too.

You utter bafoon.
    Excellent post. But it's "buffoon".
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    edited 12 July 2018 at 7:02PM
    Options
    What is the point of these PCP hire schemes or whatever you call them. Every story I hear is where the hirer is in negative equity.

The point with PCP is deposit, fixed payments, and options at the end of term.

When its finished, either rinse and repeat or walk away and do something else next time.

They suit a lot of people because they can wrap up the motoring costs in to one monthly payment to include depreciation, warranty and sometimes servicing.

You will be in negative equity for most of the term, but not one jot should you give as its not your problem, nor is it relevant.

It only becomes relevant IF you try to get out of the agreement before the end of the term and if you do then you may be in negative equity, just like you might be if you had HP or a loan.

The people who have "problems" with a PCP deal are in a very small minority and the bulk of them are having problems because often they "fancy something new" and then seem shocked that its going to cost them money to get out of the 3 or 4 year deal they committed to.

But i suspect you know all this....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport