Issues with GAME

Options
Hi,

I have recently been banned from buying from GAME online in May of this year, they did not tell me this and I only found out after several of my orders cancelled suspiciously and I contacted them. They have said it is due to parcels going missing, this happened over a period of 3 months some 5-6 years ago when I lived at home and it was due to Royal Mail. I no longer live in the same area also and have had no issues with parcels going missing since then.

I have spoken to them and tried to reason with them but they will not and have still not given me any specific reason apart from that happening some years ago so why now? They have also banned me from their facebook page at the same time. I have not spoken to anyone on there or tried until this happened. I feel a lot like this is some kind of victimisation of sorts as I have done absolutely nothing wrong and have been a long standing customer for over 10 years now. It is causing a lot of issues for me as a gamer since GAME have a monopoly in the UK on certain editions of game etc.

What are my rights? I have submitted this to resolved for help.

Please help me.

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You have no rights. They don't have to accept you as a customer.
  • Tyler_Durden_UK
    Options
    Open new account with different email address, you live elsewhere now so how will they know its you, and just order online.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    gamersy wrote: »

What are my rights? I have submitted this to resolved for help.

Please help me.

ResolveR can't force a company to take your money. It is not discrimination, it is good business sense, as they have lost money due to your orders.

It doesnt matter that it isnt your fault. If I had a takeaway business, and everytime I delivered to your house a man jumped out of the bushes and robbed my takeaway driver, I would stop delivering to you. It wouldnt matter than you had nothing to do with the robber.

Just get someone else to order for you. Im assuming you can also go into their physical stores.
  • gamersy
    gamersy Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I've done this using my other half's name, however I have had parcels delivered here under our present address so they may put two and two together.
  • gamersy
    gamersy Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Its not really forcing them to do business with me its due to the overwhelming sense I am being victimised for no reason since nothing has happened in at least 3-4 years. I am aware any business can cease to do business with whomever but depending on circumstances such as singling out someone then behaving like this?

It's certainly not practical since I've put far more money through them than the games they lost via the method they chose to use for sending parcels. Easily 10-12k a year possibly more.
  • marliepanda
    Options
    gamersy wrote: »
    Hi,

Its not really forcing them to do business with me its due to the overwhelming sense I am being victimised for no reason since nothing has happened in at least 3-4 years. I am aware any business can cease to do business with whomever but depending on circumstances such as singling out someone then behaving like this?

It's certainly not practical since I've put far more money through them than the games they lost via the method they chose to use for sending parcels. Easily 10-12k a year possibly more.

You keep saying no reason. Its not for no reason. Amazon will do the same. You say you understand but then say 'singling out' 'victimisation' 'no reason'. You clearly dont understand and it is not victimisation.

Honestly if you're really so well off that you can afford to spend £12k a year on gaming you should be smart enough to realise there are a million ways around this. Get it shipped to your private yacht. Get it shipped to your work address. Get it shipped to your family.
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're spending £200 plus a week at Game?
  • marliepanda
    Options
    NCC-1701 wrote: »

Trying to, they won't take it :P
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,520 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    NCC-1701 wrote: »

Which going by that logic means he cost GAME £2400 when the games went missing for 3 months.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Any reason why you couldn!!!8217;t walk into one of their stores and pay cash?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure