MSE News: Ticketmaster customers warned their data may have been stolen

Ticketmaster UK customers' personal and payment information may have been accessed in an online 'security incident' earlier this year, the ticket sales company has warned...
Read the full story:
'Ticketmaster customers warned their data may have been stolen'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• acecco01
    acecco01 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all, I've been affected by Ticketmaster's data breach.
    Has anyone complained to them asking for compensation? It'd be good to know.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Got the email on Friday, HSBC called yesterday and they've cancelled my card which is slightly incovenient
  • ben501
    ben501 Posts: 668 Forumite
    acecco01 wrote: »
    Has anyone complained to them asking for compensation?

On what grounds?

Has something happened that can be directly linked to a potential data leak? This would be very useful to know as it could help others look out for similar problems.
  • acecco01
    ben501 wrote: »
    On what grounds?

Has something happened that can be directly linked to a potential data leak? This would be very useful to know as it could help others look out for similar problems.

Well, they've emailed me saying my personal details (full name, full address, email address, telephone number) and my bank details have been compromised, and basically are in strangers' hands now. Anything can happen - not necessarily right now, it could be in a few months.

My bank has replaced my card - that's all...
  • ben501
    ben501 Posts: 668 Forumite
    acecco01 wrote: »
    Well, they've emailed me saying my personal details (full name, full address, email address, telephone number) and my bank details have been compromised,

Useful to know, although I'm curious as to how they know which customers will have been affected as a result of a third party breach.

Still, the only message I've had is

As a result of Inbenta’s product running on the Ticketmaster UK website, some of our customers’ personal or payment information may have been accessed by an unknown third-party.

We are contacting you because you purchased, or attempted to purchase, tickets between February and June 23, 2018 and therefore may have been affected by the Inbenta incident.
    with no follow up, so hopefully that means my details are safe.
  • Lilium
    Lilium Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Post Xmas Saver!
    My details were stolen in this breach. I thought I was safe because my bank had already sent me a new card. I was very wrong.

They knew enough about me from this breach to get access to my credit report online, call my bank pretending to be me and get my old card reactivated! They then bought something very expensive!

Keep a very close watch on your bank, emails and credit reports if you think they've got your details.
  • acecco01
    ben501 wrote: »

with no follow up, so hopefully that means my details are safe.
    That's very optimistic...
  • acecco01
    Lilium wrote: »
    My details were stolen in this breach. I thought I was safe because my bank had already sent me a new card. I was very wrong.

They knew enough about me from this breach to get access to my credit report online, call my bank pretending to be me and get my old card reactivated! They then bought something very expensive!

Keep a very close watch on your bank, emails and credit reports if you think they've got your details.
    That's REALLY bad. That tells you how bad bank security is, if someone can simply call and pretend it's you...

I have paid my tickets by credit card rather than debit card, so hopefully at least my bank account side is not affected (considering that my credit card comes from a different company)
  • My credit card details were stolen in this. Not sure what else, unfortunately. Fortunately, my provider was on the ball and quickly noticed the fraudulent transactions. So that card was stopped and replaced.

Going to take Ticketmaster up on the 12 months free identity monitoring. But I haven't noticed anything else amiss, just yet.
  • El_Rey
    El_Rey Posts: 402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    This may just be the tip of the iceberg if this article is correct: https://www.zdnet.com/article/ticketmaster-breach-was-part-of-a-larger-credit-card-skimming-effort-analysis-shows/

Worrying times indeed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport