Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 7th Jun 18, 3:16 PM
    • 529Posts
    • 185Thanks
    MSE Callum
    MSE News: Primera Air cancels transatlantic flights from Birmingham - your rights
    • 7th Jun 18, 3:16 PM
    MSE News: Primera Air cancels transatlantic flights from Birmingham - your rights 7th Jun 18 at 3:16 PM
    New budget airline Primera Air has cancelled some of its transatlantic flights from Birmingham, affecting around 10,000 passengers...
    Read the full story:
    'Primera Air cancels transatlantic flights from Birmingham - your rights'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 7th Jun 18, 8:28 PM
    • 18,965 Posts
    • 8,003 Thanks
    richardw
    • 7th Jun 18, 8:28 PM
    • 7th Jun 18, 8:28 PM
    Article 8 is clear

"Article 8

Right to reimbursement or re-routing

1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall be offered the choice between:

(a) - reimbursement within seven days, by the means provided for in Article 7(3), of the full cost of the ticket at the price at which it was bought, for the part or parts of the journey not made, and for the part or parts already made if the flight is no longer serving any purpose in relation to the passenger's original travel plan, together with, when relevant,

- a return flight to the first point of departure, at the earliest opportunity;

(b) re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity; or

(c) re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at a later date at the passenger's convenience, subject to availability of seats."

So affected passengers need to decide what they want and then call and ask for it.
    Last edited by richardw; 07-06-2018 at 8:30 PM.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • MrRY
    • By MrRY 20th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrRY
    • 20th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    • 20th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    I traveled to the US from Birmingham airport with primera air on the 4th of June. On the 5th of June I received an email telling me that my return trip on the 28th of august had been cancelled. What am I entitled to? They have offered me an amount of money for the return flight or an alternative flight to the UK. However, the amount doesn't cover the cost of any other flights returning to Birmingham, and the flights do not fit my work in the US or back at home.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 20th Jul 18, 11:25 AM
    • 3,906 Posts
    • 2,431 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 20th Jul 18, 11:25 AM
    • 20th Jul 18, 11:25 AM
    See richardw's post immediately above yours, that should answer your question.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    • 4,610 Posts
    • 1,257 Thanks
    JPears
    • 20th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    • 20th Jul 18, 11:30 AM
    Look at the post above yours. You have a right to reasonable re-routing that is convenient to you, by other airlines, if necessary.
    You will probably have to arrange/pay for yourself and reclaim. Good luck
    Last edited by JPears; 20-07-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • MrRY
    • By MrRY 28th Jul 18, 3:38 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MrRY
    • 28th Jul 18, 3:38 AM
    Thanks
    • 28th Jul 18, 3:38 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I was hoping there would be more to the whole deal as I had already flown to my destination when the return was cancelled. Apparently not though,

thanks for your time though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,756Posts Today

6,303Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The maths is wrong. Even if MPs weren't given a penny by the state in salary or expenses, it'd save a trivial count? https://t.co/Kgskcjd6eG

• What an utterly depressing watch this is. I think the MP handles it as well as possible. Good on him for not just t? https://t.co/LrSY56HbPA

• RT @Caitch22: @MartinSLewis Maybe the cheap housing, final salary scheme generation that want to tax the young should pay for their own car?

• Follow Martin