Advice on these 3 phones from you kind experts (!)

2»

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 15 May 2018 at 2:03PM
    harz99 wrote: »
    Suggest you Google the model number and the word problems before you buy a Moto/Lenovo phone.

In fact do that for any phone you are contemplating.

The trouble with the glowing reviews is that they are all on brand new phones, nobody ever does a long term (12 months or so) user review which often reveals serious deficiencies.

You seem to have had an issue with Moto phones! It's almost like a one person vendetta :rotfl:

Yes by all means look up reviews of any potential purchase (and not just phones), but in no way be totally put off by negative ones. No product is perfect, and if you are looking for one you will come up short. Let's be honest, people very rarely post that they are happy with their product. You only have to look at the P,V&W forum here to see that!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    mije1983 wrote: »
    You seem to have had an issue with Moto phones! It's almost like a one person vendetta :rotfl:

Yes by all means look up reviews of any potential purchase (and not just phones), but in no way be totally put off by negative ones. No product is perfect, and if you are looking for one you will come up short. Let's be honest, people very rarely post that they are happy with their product. You only have to look at the P,V&W forum here to see that!

Moto used to be a good brand until Lenovo took them over, and yes I have had an issue (and there are many around the world), so yes all the time people recommend the brand I feel obligated to throw a note of caution into the mix to avoid people wasting their money which isn't very MSE...
  • DEBTMONKEY1A
    DEBTMONKEY1A Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Thanks for ALL help. I'd never have found this out on my own. Sorry for late reply, G/F is I'll at the no. Think I'll go for the smarty as unlimited minutes and whilst I take on board previous posters issue with Moto that looks my favourite.,will go to BT 1ST to see if anything can be matched. Douubt it though. This work's out the SAME as I presently pay....around £12 PCM over 24 months and have a zero interest deal on Amazon credit & also couple of credit cards. Will clear in 4 months max. So.....a 1 month contract with Smarty and phone owned outright!

Will update what BT say later. Thanks again!:beer:
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 May 2018 at 11:04AM
    mije1983 wrote: »

I think a quick Google will reveal that Moto (Levono) are generally not the phones they once were.

After problems and once a staunch Motorola supporter, I have now moved to other brands. Just my preference.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I must admit that Lenovo has not maintained the Motorola brand quality at the standard it once was, to the extent I avoided Lenovo when buying a laptop recently.
  • I would prefer Nokia 3
  • DEBTMONKEY1A
    DEBTMONKEY1A Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Moto g6 bought on recommended comments on here....IT'S BRILL!
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm glad you're getting on with it
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just be aware its only just been released and there maybe a couple 'quirks', I don't think there is a phone that doesn't have any.

There will be updates, just a matter of time..
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!

Exactly what I thought about the G5+ until 7 months in it started doing all sorts of peculiar things and despite returning back to Moto wasn't curable.

Then I started googling and found all the problem comments from users worldwide with similar issues.

Good luck with your purchase though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport