Yet Another Parcel2Go Nightmare

Options

Comments

• Brooker_Dave
    Options
    No defence for negligence, parcel companies know this, but wriggle, LBA and then moneyclaim
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No defence for negligence, parcel companies know this, but wriggle, LBA and then moneyclaim
    I'm not sure it's as black and white as you suggest.. Any system carrying huge numbers of items is going to have a few lost or damaged parcels each day.

If you are offered extra insurance cover and refuse to take it up the company could argue quite validly that you knew the risk you were taking on. If the judge agrees you've lost the fee for going to court as well as taking a loss on the parcel.
  • Brooker_Dave
    Options
    The theory is that if it's damaged they can blame poor packaging, but if they lose it, it's 100% negligence.

I've often wondered how they can sell insurance but don't seem to be regulated?
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • Elektriksheep
    Options
    Just to add my experience to the evidence against them...

Parcel2Go sent the wrong courier to collect my parcel and then made it out to be my fault and then they lost the parcel which was worth £200 and then said because it was my fault and they would not reimburse me for the loss of the parcel.

Very very angry. I have been in constant contact with them over the last month or so and they have been stringing me along promising that I would be reimbursed. Now, over a month later they are saying they will not reimburse me for a penny.

My parcel was worth £200!!! And it was fully insured, and it was their fault the whole problem came about in the first place. They are taking absolutely no responsibility for sending the wrong courier to collect the item after that collection was cancelled and they are taking no responsibility for losing my parcel. Outrageous. I am very angry. I am now going to go to every review site and social media site that features Parcel2Go and tell other people what I have experienced, and I will post on all my social media channels and accounts about how bad this company is and advise people never to use them. And I hope through doing this that Parcel2Go will lose out on more than £200 worth of custom. I hope it would've been cheaper for them to just do the right thing and reimburse me for the parcel they lost.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just to add my experience to the evidence against them...

Parcel2Go sent the wrong courier to collect my parcel and then made it out to be my fault and then they lost the parcel which was worth £200 and then said because it was my fault and they would not reimburse me for the loss of the parcel.

Very very angry. I have been in constant contact with them over the last month or so and they have been stringing me along promising that I would be reimbursed. Now, over a month later they are saying they will not reimburse me for a penny.

My parcel was worth £200!!! And it was fully insured, and it was their fault the whole problem came about in the first place. They are taking absolutely no responsibility for sending the wrong courier to collect the item after that collection was cancelled and they are taking no responsibility for losing my parcel. Outrageous. I am very angry. I am now going to go to every review site and social media site that features Parcel2Go and tell other people what I have experienced, and I will post on all my social media channels and accounts about how bad this company is and advise people never to use them. And I hope through doing this that Parcel2Go will lose out on more than £200 worth of custom. I hope it would've been cheaper for them to just do the right thing and reimburse me for the parcel they lost.

You only need to post this once per forum...gets tedious after that. Issue an online money claim instead of wasting time doing duplicate postings here.
  • Sparts
    Sparts Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 1 May 2018 at 12:18PM
    Options
    I added this in another thread also - Parcel2go do not offer insurance.
    It's called "Parcel Protection". Do not (as most do) make the mistake of thinking you are taking out insurance. Any payment under their parcel protection is at their discretion and as far as I understand things, they are not authorised or regulated to offer insurance.

I asked them for T&C's for their insurance - they don't have any.
  • martindow
    Options
    Sparts wrote: »
    I added this in another thread also - Parcel2go do not offer insurance.
    It's called "Parcel Protection". Do not (as most do) make the mistake of thinking you are taking out insurance. Any payment under their parcel protection is at their discretion and as far as I understand things, they are not authorised or regulated to offer insurance.

I asked them for T&C's for their insurance - they don't have any.
    Why do you make a distinction between insurance and protection?

Presumably you would need to have paid the extra fee for cover, be able to provide evidence of value and be sure it is not in this list of prohibited items or things they exclude from insurance

https://www.parcel2go.com/prohibited-items
  • SayerDM
    SayerDM Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    My parcel has been missing since 6 April worth £205. Tracking shows as collected from seller but no further tracking information. The parcel apparently reached the depot but has not been seen since? I chose not to take out the extra cover as I dont see why I should have to pay for additional cover. Hermes claim the parcel is “lost” P2G refuse to pay out more than £40 compensation as I didn’t take out the extra cover. Surely they have broken the contract we entered into as they failed to deliver my goods. Has anyone in my situation actually won against this god awful company? I have spent the past 5 weeks continually sending emails and getting nowhere. Thanks
  • martindow
    Options
    SayerDM wrote: »
    My parcel has been missing since 6 April worth £205. Tracking shows as collected from seller but no further tracking information. The parcel apparently reached the depot but has not been seen since? I chose not to take out the extra cover as I dont see why I should have to pay for additional cover. Hermes claim the parcel is “lost” P2G refuse to pay out more than £40 compensation as I didn’t take out the extra cover. Surely they have broken the contract we entered into as they failed to deliver my goods. Has anyone in my situation actually won against this god awful company? I have spent the past 5 weeks continually sending emails and getting nowhere. Thanks
    Are you the seller or the recipient? If you're the recipient it's the seller's problem. If you're the seller and you chose not to pay for cover so you took the risk.

Having said that, somewhere recently there were posts on this forum regarding cases where carriers have been taken to court and paid out.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SayerDM wrote: »

Do you see now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport