Yet Another Parcel2Go Nightmare

Options
124»

Comments

• SayerDM
    SayerDM Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I am the buyer but arranged collection from the seller. The item was sold via EBay as collection only (we live in Kent but collection was Chester) but they agreed we could arrange a courier.

P2G claim they did not lose the parcel and therefore they are not liable, Hermes claim my contract is with P2G so they are not liable. Someone has to take the blame - I asked for driver details but apparently they are self employed so under data protection Hermes cannot pass these on. I’m my mind if there is no evidence the parcel reached the depot then it must be stolen?

P2G keep throwing their T&Cs at me because I did not pay for extra protection but surely these are void if they didn’t deliver the parcel as the contract is broken?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SayerDM wrote: »
    I am the buyer but arranged collection from the seller. The item was sold via EBay as collection only (we live in Kent but collection was Chester) but they agreed we could arrange a courier.

P2G claim they did not lose the parcel and therefore they are not liable, Hermes claim my contract is with P2G so they are not liable. Someone has to take the blame - I asked for driver details but apparently they are self employed so under data protection Hermes cannot pass these on. I’m my mind if there is no evidence the parcel reached the depot then it must be stolen?

P2G keep throwing their T&Cs at me because I did not pay for extra protection but surely these are void if they didn’t deliver the parcel as the contract is broken?

I have to wonder,what exactly were you going to ask the driver?
    Seriously,what did you expect to gain from this?
    I suggest you go straight to court. You will not be interested in any other advice or replies so save the wasted time all round.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Imagine you pick up a box and deliver it for £2 a time. If it's worth £20 you're quite happy to pay out if you lose it because you don't lose many. If it's worth £100 you might be a bit less happy because you've got to deliver another 100+ parcels to make back the cost (more than 50 because it costs you petrol etc). If it's worth £200,000 you might well just not take it because you'll be bankrupt if you lose it and that's a risk you don't want to take. If someone hands you a £200,000 parcel but tells you it's only worth £20 you're gonna be pretty miffed if you lose it and they suddenly want £200,000!

Numbers exaggerated, but parcel companies aren't so different. They don't want to go bankrupt if they lose the crown jewels, or if the parcels they do lose turn out to be more expensive than they allowed for. They move cheap stuff cheaply. That's their deal. You want a different deal, you need to tell them up front and make it worth their while.
  • simoncharly
    Options
    Parcels2go failed to even ship my parcel without any valid reason or communication to say otherwise. After contacting them for nearly a month to get it returned to the sending address, I was then told my parcel, valued at over 6.5k had just been left by the front door and not signed for. They also refused to refund my fees of nearly £400, despite not delivering any service. Customer service is none existent, and that’s when you actually get a reply. Having seen so many complaints by other people and their bad experiences, I would strongly suggest not using them and shipping direct with the courier. The saving of a couple of pounds is not worth it as you have no control over your parcel, once they have messed it up, and neither does the carrier as they won’t help you either as the contract is between Parcels2go and them, not you. I’d strongly advise staying clear of them if you want your parcel sending and value customer service. I am also referring this to Trading Standards due to my frustrations and the subsequent costs incurred.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be honest, if I had a parcel worth 6.5K and was quoted £400 delivery by parcel2go, I would take it there myself.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To be honest, if I had a parcel worth 6.5K and was quoted £400 delivery by parcel2go, I would take it there myself.

Whilst I do feel sorry for the OP I have to agree. I certainly wouldn't be looking to shave a few pounds off a quote by using a broker who puts their own terms and conditions over the top of the chosen courier .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure