A car keeps blocking our access to the road

Comments

• bobbymotors
    bobbymotors Posts: 746 Forumite
    If no CCTV around, buy cheap wheel clamp off ebay, clamp it, throw the keys away and ignore. It'll never park there again.
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    If no CCTV around, buy cheap wheel clamp off ebay, clamp it, throw the keys away and ignore. It'll never park there again.

Great shout. Sometimes it's easier than getting the old useless boys in blue involved. Too much paperwork anyway.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Get a jack and jack it out the way or tow it. If you know a few big burly men you could bounce it out the way too.

I know someone who managed to push a car out the way then left it in middle of road (wheels were turned slightly). Don't think owner knew what had happened when he was finally notified about his car whereabouts.:rotfl:
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Get a jack and jack it out the way or tow it. If you know a few big burly men you could bounce it out the way too.

I know someone who managed to push a car out the way then left it in middle of road (wheels were turned slightly). Don't think owner knew what had happened when he was finally notified about his car whereabouts.:rotfl:

Some of these ideas are fantastic. I'd love to see PC Plonkers face when he says "who moved this", "well it certainly wasn't you, was it? It's been sat here for 3 months and you haven't turned up once"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Stoke wrote: »
    Great shout. Sometimes it's easier than getting the old useless boys in blue involved. Too much paperwork anyway.

Find cut off clamp thrown through windscreen of whatever car they decided belonged to the owner of the clamp.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Stoke wrote: »

There’d be no paperwork needed.
  • bobbymotors
    bobbymotors Posts: 746 Forumite
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Find cut off clamp thrown through windscreen of whatever car they decided belonged to the owner of the clamp.

ha! probably not...they'd know everyone would be watching them getting the clamp cut off.

They wouldn't park there again though....
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I once had an issue with a neighbour blocking me in; I told them that if they carried on doing it I woud buy an old banger and park it there permamently so nobody could use the space.
  • martinthebandit
    martinthebandit Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    First step, a polite note tucked under one of the window wipers.

If that doesn't work then a small polite note superglued to the passenger side of the windscreen.

If that fails, very large less polite note superglued to the drivers side of the windscreen.

If that fails then it's the wheel clamp option.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Followed up by retaliation against any cars that are perceived to be owned by the complainants such as superglue in locks, unexplained scratches on cars, caltrops being accidentally left under wheels.

A criminal act on one side will naturally cause the same to happen from the other side.

The keyboard warriors took less than 12 hours to get to the suggestions of criminal acts. Well done. You're getting better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure